Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=07b5930a18b7f7dbd523e2d136969e86Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TROS Rey - Standard Mock up - Ref Images - Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO New Standard Proposals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riathewolf (Alexandra Wolsiefer)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating having seen the movie, there is NO PLEAT. I repeat it is 100% what is seen on the display.
Oraculo (Agustin)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 3)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riathewolf wrote:
Updating having seen the movie, there is NO PLEAT. I repeat it is 100% what is seen on the display.

Excellent Alexandra!

I saw and missing some details as optional requirements

Yours!
�Legion Costume Judge 2016 - 2020
BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
TCO Templo Pucar� 2015-16
Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oraculo wrote:
riathewolf wrote:

Excellent Alexandra!

Yours!

Yep! Didn't want to post them in case of spoilers but we will have some more stuff to add Smile
Oraculo (Agustin)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 3)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riathewolf wrote:
Oraculo wrote:
riathewolf wrote:

Excellent Alexandra!

Yours!

Yep! Didn't want to post them in case of spoilers but we will have some more stuff to add Smile

Excellent. In January, we will open the official thread in KJO Development forums

Yours!
�Legion Costume Judge 2016 - 2020
BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
TCO Templo Pucar� 2015-16
Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 17 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it is fine to chime in ... Wink

As leathersmith I believe it would be benefitial to specify notable elements on leather parts ... the biggest one (if you compare TROS and TLJ/TFA) gunbelt is gunbelt's lover loop, which holds the holster

As you can see from photos below, buckles on lover loop are placed on the back, behind the holster:

TROS:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/9LORm2v.jpg
[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IxiunW1.jpg
[/img]

For TFA and TLJ, buckles of lover loop are mostly of time hidden under holster ...

I would propose to add this line to belt part:

Belt
Belt is a brown weathered belt, made of leather or leather-like material.
Belt is constructed of one continuous piece that splits into the two belts. The joined portion is on the wearers left and the separated sections and belt closures are on the wearers right.
The Belt is secured with two rectangular metals rings, the top belts being larger than the bottoms (proportional to the leathers width.)
Buckles on bottom loop of gunbelt should be placed on the back, behind the holster (buckles should not be hidden under holster; buckles and closure of lower loop should not be in front of holster).
Twine wraps around the belt at the conjoined section in the front.
Belt is approximately 1.75 inches at the top and 1 inches at the bottom (approximately 3 inches at the conjoined part, proportional to the wearer). The top section must be wider than the bottom.
Belt has one keeper (or slit) after each metal ring to secure the loose end folded over.
There is a silver metallic rectangular weathered buckle on the lower belt found right after the split.
OPTIONAL: there is a horizontal slit in the belt right behind the twine used to hold the lightsaber.

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge | Rebel Legion Honorary Membership Officer
LeiaAurora ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I noticed during the film was the lining was loose (?) by the sleeves. Not sure if that was intentional or not but there are definitely scenes where you can see it. Not even sure we want to include it but it was something that caught my eye.
Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Padme Amidala Deleted Scene/X Wing Pilot/Clone Wars Padme (maroon vest)
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
CaptainCateyes ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is our thoughts on the staff? right now the text describing it seems to be the same as that for the staff used in TFA and TLJ.
But as seen both in the promo pics/vids and in the movie itself, it seems to be missing some of the lower parts and seems significantly shorter, more like the same height rather than 15-20 cm taller.
Eiyame (Freya)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submit this for the record of how the obi closes.

Also I would like to submit that not everyone can get a light weight drappy tulle with the right weave thickness. I think it would be wise to allow a light weight rayon or silk drape fabric as long as it has the same drape and flow as the heavy silk tulle they used in the movie.

Some people also might want a heavier duty fabric that will hold up better over time trooping. Tulle tends to rip and be rather delicate to care for.

So while tulle would be ideal it should be a optional upgrade.

Notes on the shirt.

The standards for the resistance and training Rey do not require the extra detail stitching. It should remain optional.
LeiaAurora ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiyame wrote:
I submit this for the record of how the obi closes.

Notes on the shirt.

The standards for the resistance and training Rey do not require the extra detail stitching. It should remain optional.

Nice photo for reference!

Which stitching are you suggesting be listed as optional? All of it or just the edge stitching on the sleeves (for example)?

I'm not opposed to this and agree if it is optional for the other costumes Rey has that we accept, it should probably be the same for this one also.

The material comment on the tabards I also agree with. As long as the fabric used has the general flow and look of Rey's, we shouldn't have it listed as only one. It if has the look, it should be good to go. Very Happy
Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Padme Amidala Deleted Scene/X Wing Pilot/Clone Wars Padme (maroon vest)
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Larirenshadow (Jen)
Base Command Liaison
Base Command Liaison

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the tabbards I think we should say a lightweight, semi transparent porous fabric such as a tulle. You can clearly see it has weaving and you can see through the tabbards to the knee pads below in a few scenes.

For the hood will it be required to have an edge seam? You can see if in some of the pictures I took. And we did remove it having to be a suede, correct?
DS 11526
Larirenshadow (Jen)
Base Command Liaison
Base Command Liaison

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally should there be a height for the collar? It should resemble the height of Senatorial Leia's.
DS 11526
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair wrote:
I hope it is fine to chime in ... Wink

As leathersmith I believe it would be benefitial to specify notable elements on leather parts ... the biggest one (if you compare TROS and TLJ/TFA) gunbelt is gunbelt's lover loop, which holds the holster

As you can see from photos below, buckles on lover loop are placed on the back, behind the holster:

TROS:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/9LORm2v.jpg
[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IxiunW1.jpg
[/img]

For TFA and TLJ, buckles of lover loop are mostly of time hidden under holster ...

I would propose to add this line to belt part:

Belt
Belt is a brown weathered belt, made of leather or leather-like material.
Belt is constructed of one continuous piece that splits into the two belts. The joined portion is on the wearers left and the separated sections and belt closures are on the wearers right.
The Belt is secured with two rectangular metals rings, the top belts being larger than the bottoms (proportional to the leathers width.)
Buckles on bottom loop of gunbelt should be placed on the back, behind the holster (buckles should not be hidden under holster; buckles and closure of lower loop should not be in front of holster).
Twine wraps around the belt at the conjoined section in the front.
Belt is approximately 1.75 inches at the top and 1 inches at the bottom (approximately 3 inches at the conjoined part, proportional to the wearer). The top section must be wider than the bottom.
Belt has one keeper (or slit) after each metal ring to secure the loose end folded over.
There is a silver metallic rectangular weathered buckle on the lower belt found right after the split.
OPTIONAL: there is a horizontal slit in the belt right behind the twine used to hold the lightsaber.

Oh my goodness catching up after the holidays! And it's great to chime in! I'm going to try and address everyone here and update things. I love the help. As I said, I'm only one person and opinion.

I don't have a problem with adding that! I'm admittedly not a leathersmith so thank you. Smile
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainCateyes wrote:
What is our thoughts on the staff? right now the text describing it seems to be the same as that for the staff used in TFA and TLJ.
But as seen both in the promo pics/vids and in the movie itself, it seems to be missing some of the lower parts and seems significantly shorter, more like the same height rather than 15-20 cm taller.

I believe the discussion is that the staffs are in fact different. Now it's an optional item so not needed for approval. But you are correct and it's a different staff for this. And we can add to make that worded better.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay on the tabbards! We are not requiring tulle just a lightweight fabric that is silk like. I believe I had that in the standard. It can be worded better if it's not clear. I don't think something like cotton is going to work for this because it really needs to be almost a full width to get the gathers and when she moves it opens up to almost the full width of her lunge. It's a LOT of fabric. But that said tulle can't be required due to price. A nice organza would work fine, etc.

I also disagree about making the stitching optional. I think it's a big part of this costume. That's where I at least stand on it.

You guys are totally correct on the obi. That had a clear closure unlike Battle Rey. Thank you!
scavenger (kristen jones)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex...
Just a couple of notes on the belt portion of the emerging standard.

1. Where it's noted : "The Belt is secured with two rectangular metals rings, the top belts being larger than the bottoms (proportional to the leathers width.)"

The wording is a bit unclear, and I suggest it should read:

"The belt's upper and lower sections are secured each with a pair of rectangular metal rings, proportional to the width of each section of the belt."

2. Where it's noted: " Belt is approximately 1.75 inches at the top and 1 inches at the bottom (approximately 3 inches at the conjoined part, proportional to the wearer). The top section must be wider than the bottom."

I agree that the total width is approx. 3", and that the top portion is approx. 1-3/4". That necessarily makes the bottom portion approx. 1-1/4" wide, instead of the 1" given above.

I am loving the clarity of the standard so far. Well done, Rey Judges! This is shaping up to be the finest written standard to date Smile

#ScavengeOn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO New Standard Proposals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: