Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=870c66428003b1bb4ef759caf44c3b18Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Echo Base: Festival of Trees 2019 11/30/19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheriBot (Cheri Nowak)
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Echo Base: Festival of Trees 2019 11/30/19 Reply with quote

Event: The 30th Annual CP Nassau Long Island Festival of Trees

Where: The Cradle of Aviation Museum, Garden City, NY

When: Saturday, November 30 2019

First time Rebel Legion attended this event?: No

Charities involved: CP Nassau ( Cerebral Palsy Association of Nassau County, Inc.)

Donations raised: $164 dollars were raised for CP Nassau with the “Make Your Own Porg Ornament” craft at the table. Rebel Legion, along with Saber Guild Endor Temple and the 501st Empire City Garrsion, decorated 2 trees for the event (a light side and a dark side tree), and both sold together for $500. Money from the trees also went to CP Nassau.

Special Activities: The “Make Your Own Porg Ornament” at our table. Phil also brought his hero droid BB-8 and he was a hit with the kids. The other groups also had various activities, like Blast-a-Trooper, raffles, and Padawan training.

Other Groups we worked with: Saber Guild Endor Temple, 501st Empire City Garrison, Droid Builders, and CP Nassau

Media Coverage: Newsday was there and did extensive coverage of specifically the Star Wars groups and a few members. Joe (Strormtrooper) and Alan (0-0-0) from 501st, as well as me as a rep for Rebel Legion, were interviewed both at the event and before it for an article in their “Explore LI” section in December 17th’s main paper. They took plenty of photos of us, both for the cover and interacting with people there.

Members in Attendance:
Cheri Nowak (me): Resistance Rey
Mike Polizzi: Han Solo
Toby Basis: X-Wing Pilot
Patrcick Delieto: X-Wing Pilot
Sharon Bell-Reiser: Jedi
Dan Reiser: Jedi
Michelle Montanez: Jedi
Phil Pipitone: Jedi
Lorraine Pipitone: Jedi
Chris Feehan: Was there with CP Nassau but dressed as a Bridge Officer and helped coordinate all the tables, trees, etc. at the event.
John Trowbridge: Was there mostly with 501, but I gave him the receipt with the Porg ornament donation money noted as he is our Charity officer for the base.
Maria Nowak Polizzi: My sister helped out at the booth, I let her borrow one of my racing shirts. She did a great job and even put together a cute porg nest for display at the table. She’s working on getting together a costume so she can be OM soon!

Other Notes: This is a great event (really anything at the Cradle is fantastic). Chris did a wonderful job coordinating, and everyone who decorated the trees did an amazing job! The porg ornaments went over really well, and my sister really helped us out at the booth. The Aschers (George, Karen, and their kids) also really helped us out at the RL booth, and just helped all the groups out in general. It’s really great to see all the groups working together, both at the show and leading up to it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: