Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=640960f849299c739b30aff87e41217aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Poe Dameron EPIX:TROS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Sequel Trilogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mawee ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 06 May 2018
Posts: 133

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this from Etsy and I just want to share.. I forgot the other belt. It’s off but I wonder how bad. I might show later on request

o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZlaAul ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Posts: 272

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happen to see this set on etsy, anything that is usable here? https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/721707433/poe-dameron-costume-cosplay-suit-star?ref=search_recently_viewed-2&frs=1
_________________
Knight of Jedi Order/Galactic Strategic Command
Cathar Base Singapura
Satria Temple:
Assistant Temple Master - 2017/2018
Temple Master - 2018 - 2020

"The difference, they say, /Is only made right
By the resolving of gray/Through refined Jedi sight."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO


Joined: 18 Feb 2016
Posts: 791
Location: Orange County, CA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind we won’t be approving TROS costumes until after the movie is out.

That aside, that vendor looks like one of the Chinese mass manufacturers? They can be hit and miss. There may be a few pieces that can be used with modifications. Personally, I’m not looking super closely at these costumes until after I see the movie. I want to just enjoy it the first time. Jeff and Marcus can probably give you an idea if any of those pieces can be modded for now, though.

I saw there was a question about posting links to sources/vendors and whether that was ok. FWIW, you can always share where you got something (unless the vendor says otherwise). That kind of info is useful for others. Smile
_________________
Legion Costuming Judge: Officers, Rebel Supporters
Galactic Strategic Command, DCO
Yavin Command Post, Duty Officer
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mawee ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 06 May 2018
Posts: 133

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelLady wrote:
Keep in mind we won’t be approving TROS costumes until after the movie is out.

That aside, that vendor looks like one of the Chinese mass manufacturers? They can be hit and miss. There may be a few pieces that can be used with modifications. Personally, I’m not looking super closely at these costumes until after I see the movie. I want to just enjoy it the first time. Jeff and Marcus can probably give you an idea if any of those pieces can be modded for now, though.

I saw there was a question about posting links to sources/vendors and whether that was ok. FWIW, you can always share where you got something (unless the vendor says otherwise). That kind of info is useful for others. Smile


I was unsure about sharing I thought that was bad to thing to do. Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO


Joined: 18 Feb 2016
Posts: 791
Location: Orange County, CA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I chatted with Marcus and Jeff yesterday. Based on the pictures from the vendor, the shirt *might* be ok. The scarf also might be based on the the color in the picture where you are wearing it, but the vendor image color is a bit off. The other pieces likely will not work.

Note, I'll reiterate again, I'm personally not looking at any of the TROS costumes closely until I have seen the movie for the first time. (It's the last one in the Skywalker saga I've been watching since I was 4, and I kinda just want to enjoy it.) Marcus and Jeff based their opinions on the currently available references. Poe has a fair number to pull from and they know the costume really well, but nothing is certain until the movie is released.
_________________
Legion Costuming Judge: Officers, Rebel Supporters
Galactic Strategic Command, DCO
Yavin Command Post, Duty Officer
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bodhi_Rook ()



Joined: 21 Dec 2016
Posts: 28

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started my own Poe build and finally got some progress to share.
I tried to replicate the design of the scarf and had it custom-printed on some light fabric:



It's surely not a perfect match, but for the time being it's as close as I'm able to get. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroadSword (Marcus)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Posts: 141

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks pretty good! Not sure if we'll ever see the scarf design clearly, but to me it looks like a tree type design with the "web" being the roots of the tree. Who knows, maybe in the movie the scarf is given to him and we see it clearly before he puts on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bodhi_Rook ()



Joined: 21 Dec 2016
Posts: 28

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroadSword wrote:
That looks pretty good! Not sure if we'll ever see the scarf design clearly, but to me it looks like a tree type design with the "web" being the roots of the tree. Who knows, maybe in the movie the scarf is given to him and we see it clearly before he puts on.


I think the design might be some sort of asian dragon motive (or part thereof).
The design I've drawn has been loosely inspired by traditional artwork like this:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroadSword (Marcus)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Posts: 141

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi_Rook wrote:
BroadSword wrote:
That looks pretty good! Not sure if we'll ever see the scarf design clearly, but to me it looks like a tree type design with the "web" being the roots of the tree. Who knows, maybe in the movie the scarf is given to him and we see it clearly before he puts on.


I think the design might be some sort of asian dragon motive (or part thereof).
The design I've drawn has been loosely inspired by traditional artwork like this:



Could very well be!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bodhi_Rook ()



Joined: 21 Dec 2016
Posts: 28

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also made some progress on the belt buckle and the pouches:





In order not to hijack this thread any longer (and flood it with too many pictures...) I've opened up a new thread with details of my build over at the RPF:

https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/poe-dameron-ep-ix-build.306180/

If anyone would like to see certain parts in more detail at this forum here, just let me know!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kman ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 25 May 2016
Posts: 1176
Location: Tarzana, CA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the detail! Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaptainTightpantsCosplay ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge


Joined: 02 Oct 2013
Posts: 225
Location: United States
Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some updates to my build.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Sequel Trilogy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group