About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=02d3767b76b9798a2bb4c3b764023452Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

RFT Boots for Good Price
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: RFT Boots for Good Price Reply with quote

I found these on sale at Sportsman's Guide. If you can't wear the Jack boot or find it in your size, these would be an excellent substitute.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=357196&pn=4

Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the ones I marched in the Rose Parade
and I also use them for my x-wing costume and only $69.99
http://www.leatherup.com/product.asp?pf_id=1440%2DEngineer%2DBoot

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JimE2 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/Boots.htm still has some of the East German jackboots. $35-$45 if they have your size.

FYI

Jim
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any good tips on removing the lower strap? I ordered the ones from Leatherup. Very happy with the quality and the price was pretty good.

Reaper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's leather, so it won't frey if cut. What I'd do is cut it as close to the sole as possible, get some shoe polish (or leather dye) And then make the cut leather black. The liquid polish does wonders after you have the polish on it.

You just don't want to cut it so close to the stiched seam on the sole as to weaken it. A little "tab" of leather on each side of the boot won't be that noticable, but the boot coming apart will be.

My advice, cut long, and trimm shorter. Till you're happy with the result.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent advise, Ed. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Available at Sportsman's Guide, a more accurate-looking boot. Would be excellent for X-Wing pilots, RFT's, TIE Pilots, Imperial Crew & Gunners, Death Star Troopers, etc.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=360040

Get 'em while they have 'em!

UPDATE #2: They only have size 8.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo

Last edited by JedHead (Matt Tolosa) on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bumping* with update^

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
varza (Alyson)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that men's or women's sizes - I am guessing men? I may order if they have any left soon.

501stCast
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sportsman's Guide now has these taller boots (16"). Maybe you can take them to a shoe repair and remove a few inches from the top (?):

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=387469

Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to cut down a perfectly good pair of boots that will go good with other outfits as well... Just blouse them!

In the military (which I am a soldier), we tend to use some shortcuts which would be a good thing in this case. Take a piece of elastic, cut it down so it can wrap firmly (but not tightly) around the outside of the boot. Affix velcro to the ends so it can be adjusted and unhooked. See the pic below for an idea.

All you have to do is wrap it around the boot and tuck the pantleg into it. For a better look, reach down on the inside and pull the pantleg up so it isn't bunched.

[/color]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a roommate in the military I get the hook up from time to time. These things are plenty cheap, like under a buck! This is what use when I am blousing my bdu's (when I used to go paintballing with my friends).

You can get these here for .99 + shipping...

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those kind are amazing for just above the boot, but they slide if you use them on a parade boot. The elastic strips do not tend to slide and can be custom pulled either tighter or looser depending on your preference.

If you were wanting the uniform to look snappy with the correct boot height and the little bloused flare look, then the smaller bands would be for you. However, if your boot height is too high, then the wider elastic bands would prevent the pant leg from sliding.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I know the strap across the top of the foot has to be removed, but what about the strap at the top of the boot? I could probably blacken the buckle it with some permanent metal paint, but even that would still have it visible. I am only asking because of something I spotted in this picture...

The boot on the lower left of the shot has a strap on it in the same place as the Engineering Boot strap. With a blacked buckle, it could be cannon because of this picture. However, I just want to know if it will be acceptable.

Otherwise, if I may ask, would the boot I have pictured below be good if I were to remove the straps around it? I can polish out the indentation on the face, but the pull-tabs may get in the way of it being acceptable. Also, the squared toe may be a problem.

Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boots in your post are acceptable with the ankle strap removed. The standard says nothing about the strap around the calf; some of us have them and some of us don't. You would still be Formal if you met the requirements:

Quote:
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Required Items:

1. Accurate Fleet Trooper helmet
2. Long-sleeve blue workshirt with bib in front
3. Black, collarless vest with pockets
4. Light Grey pants with large cargo pockets
5. Black mid-calf boots (or suitable substitute, shaft should be 11-13 inches tall)
6. Brown leather/vinyl belt with metal buckle (buckle should be oval or octagon-shaped)

Formal Requirements:

1. A blaster or pike weapon, unless local laws prohibit or strongly discourage carrying anything that looks like a firearm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: