Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0195ad65b77132f42104caae0fcaada6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Disney Galaxy Edge TFA Pilot Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oswegojeff ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject: Disney Galaxy Edge TFA Pilot Question Reply with quote

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this is already posted somewhere else in the forum. I looked and could not find. A friend bought the TFA pilot set at Galaxy Edge and asked if it is a good start for Rebel Legion TFA resistance pilot approval. I said in watching the video that the vest, belt, and chest-box do not look approval, although I am far from an expert on this. Has anyone researched the jumpsuit and required modifications? From the video it looks a little too orange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf5VWTB9j98&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0brBREJDQRpv9c9dQOrxGMksWUwAx1bQXpQy4N-l52K5BRHJRHHXLci8U

Appreciate all the help! Thank you in advance.

Jeff
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been reviewed. It's a wonderful Halloween costume, and well-made, but does not meet RL standards. Anything can be modified, but it would need a TON of modifications.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106718
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!! Very helpful!

Jeff
SSR78 (Jeremy Chang)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modified an earlier revision (i suspect) for approval. Realistically you will need to entirely replace the whole costume except for the flightsuit which you will need to heavily modify to get anywhere near approvable. Even then, without buying two of them you will be fighting tooth and nail for every millimeter of extra fabric you can get to make the necessary modifications, and you will have to dye the suit to be a redder shade of red/orange. It's a tall order, and depending on what you have at your disposal, it may be cheaper or even more expensive than buying a commissioned suit.
oswegojeff ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know. I'll relay the message!

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: