Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dde505000468350348fefe7064f7d646Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Solo ANH WIP Phoenix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MariachiTimelord (Isaias)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject: Han Solo ANH WIP Phoenix Reply with quote

I'm usually bad at these. Not to mention I've remade a few things at least 4 times haha.

So currently underway on my A New Hope variant of Han Solo. Though I feel like I'm just about there. I would really like to do a few more things before considering submission. Here is currently where I am at.

Current Rig-
Shirt: Made by Me

I'm currently remaking the shirt as we speak. The one currently in these pictures. Well, lets just say I'm very close to pulling a Chris Farley. This was my first shirt build, and this time not using stretchy material. Which forced me to re-make my pattern as the sleeves were horribly off.

Vest: Made by Me

Sorry for the Vest Spam. The vest took a few tries. This was probably my 3rd attempt on his vest. Second time didn't have the cargo pockets, I was in a rush. Technically this would be my 4th try as I completely scrapped the 3rd version as I revamped my pattern. It could just be me being hard on myself but I'm almost 100% happy with this one. I like the look of it. But I tend to nitpick the small things.

Belt: Corellian Dry Goods

The belt I went with Corellian Dry Goods, Can't go wrong with quality craftmanship!

Pants: Magnoli Clotheirs

For the pants, I ended up pulling the trigger on Magnoli Pants. They're so comfortable and excellently made. Their good reviews/reputation proceeds them! Though not to say I didn't try to make pants. But after about two straight months of attempting to make the pants, I gave up and bought them haha.

Gun Belt/Holster: Jedi Robe America

Sadly don't have too many close up shots of the Gun Belt but I do plan on wanting to make it myself. Bought this one of Jedi Robe America as it was on the cheaper side, Its not entirely accurate as far as the pouch locations, but I don't/didn't have enough to drop on having it made. But I'm hoping to tackle the project myself!

Boots: Amazon

Had to find an other photo for the boots, since then I've updated the shirt, vest and pants. The boots I managed to find on Amazon listed as Cosplay Boots. I do use them for other costumes, but they're no where near as stiff as proper Equestrian style boots. So I do need a proper pair but these do make a good substitute in the mean time!

Greeblies: Amazon

I found the greeblies on Amazon in a pack. Don't believe they're 100% accurate but they definitely fit as a good substitute!

Blaster: 3D Printed by Me

I managed to 3D print the blaster myself. I was able to "highjack" the printer at one of my old jobs to do it XD. I probably could have done a way better job at sanding it down. But I was fairly happy with the paintjob!

Bit of a long post, sorry. But So far this is the journey I'm on. I'm hoping to have it in a happy spot by end of year, at least by Star Wars Celebration next year!!
corelliandrygoods ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin good man! The vest is really coming together!
RebelScum5150 (Mike Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like great progress. I have the same pants on order. Worth the wait? They look great. I also ordered the Greebles on Amazon too. My hats off to you for sewing your own vest and shirt. I'm hopeless with sewing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corelliandrygoods wrote:
Lookin good man! The vest is really coming together!

Thank you Sir! I'm slowly getting better at clean lines XD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelScum5150 wrote:
Looks like great progress. I have the same pants on order. Worth the wait? They look great. I also ordered the Greebles on Amazon too. My hats off to you for sewing your own vest and shirt. I'm hopeless with sewing.

If you're going for Magnoli pants, they're DEFINITELY worth the wait. I'm practically in love with the pants. The greeblies are good, i unfortunately cracked my Droid caller at a call, the belt clip broke XD. It was definitely a painful journey learning to sew, But after a few tries you start to get the hang of it! But I'm also too broke to buy everything pre-made haha.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty so bit of an update. Didn't have much of WIP photos of the shirt remake from what I had.

This shirt was probably one of my nicest versions I've made. It fit just how I like it. For my first time dying a shirt, was a nice color! But, because I'm not great at sleeves, I'm one step close to ripping the shirt in the back haha. And the V on the chest is folded wrong.

Update:

Still haven't Dye'd the shirt as I was in a rush to finish it for the Convention this photo was taken at. Also the sleeves are too puffy up on the Bicep area. But other than those points, I was rather happy with the shirt. the Yoke came out nice *though not pictured*. Though once I make those minor adjustments. I'm one step closer to submission! Still saving up for Antigua House boots. And currently browsing for reference photos and possible patterns to make his gun belt/holster rig. Slow Steps but heres to hoping! [/img]
Captain Solo (Evert Joosse)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow steps, but sure good ones. Starting to look better all the time!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Solo wrote:

Thank you Sir! For sure slowly but surely! Hoping to save up for some boots and also get some research done on a holster so I can make the rig myself! here's to hoping before the holiday season is in full swing!
Captain Solo (Evert Joosse)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MariachiTimelord wrote:
Captain Solo wrote:

Thank you Sir! For sure slowly but surely! Hoping to save up for some boots and also get some research done on a holster so I can make the rig myself! here's to hoping before the holiday season is in full swing!

Hey, you earned it. I just call 'em as I see' em.

Let me know if there is any way that I can be of help to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: