Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=654ff51394aadd8e5e6a4f7c728426cfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

PT/AOTC Tusken Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Tuskens and Jawas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirCalcium (Calum Macqueen)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: PT/AOTC Tusken Questions Reply with quote

Looking to make a PT/AOTC Tusken Raider, but couple of things I'm unsure about, hoping some veteran Tuskens can help
1. Robe fabric? I see people using Basket weave or houndstooth weave fabrics. I've read osnaburg or gauze cotton is acceptable. Which fabric is best for the inner robe?
2. Gaffi stick? I've looked at Tusken Gaffi sticks, I'm personally a fan of the gunstock design from the OT, but are PT Tuskens allowed to carry that design or is it pineapple only?
Any advice would be appreciated
PhantomEcho (Brian Chandler)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prequel Tusken is a build on my to do list.

Outer robe needs to be monks cloth or like weave fabric.

Pineapple Gaffi, gunstock, or cycler rifle are each acceptable.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know about the Gaffi Sticks

Do the Inner roes have to be make of a basket weave fabrics too?

EDIT. I did some searching, and I'm sure the fabric design for the inner robes is Herringbone/broken twill weave
SirCalcium (Calum Macqueen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst planning the build, I made a mock up of torso/sleeve half of the tusken robe, looking at it, I'm unsure if the sleeves are too long at the cuff? I made them 24 inches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Tuskens and Jawas All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: