Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7e52baa1ff1c132d86305afb0f419731Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Saber Guild member looking to join.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TinnKuatch ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Saber Guild member looking to join. Reply with quote

Hi all:

My name is Tim. Some of you met me at some multi-club troops the past year. I'm currently a member of Saber Guild's San Francisco/San Jose Ahch-To temple and looking to join Endor Base's Skywalker Temple. From my understanding (at least, this is knowledge from two years ago) RL Jedi can wear black costumes but must have their costumes not have any hints of red. Currently my Saber Guild Sith is essentially a near-standard Jedi costume but everything is black save for my pants (dark grey) and my inner tunic/sleeves (maroon red). Is it possible to make this SG costume become an RL Jedi costume by getting food capsules and a brown (or any non-red/black color) inner tunic? Currently I'm wearing one of these.

https://i.imgur.com/VnOr25D.jpg https://i.imgur.com/cHiweEF.jpg
MandalorianMercs.org

Last edited by TinnKuatch () on Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing that inner tunic should meet the color requirements, I believe.

Your sleeveless outer tunic is allowed, since you are wearing a long sleeved inner tunic. "OTs may be sleeveless as long as an Inner Tunic (IT) is worn and is long sleeved." BUT the specific sleeves on the IT might be an issue. I believe they're supposed to be wider at the wrist, and extend to the knuckles, and Jedi don't wear gauntlets so those can't hide the fact that the sleeves aren't to spec.

Your boots may be an issue, however... zippers are only allowed on the inside of the boot, not the back. "When necessary, inside zippers are permitted." That means the zipper needs to be on the inside of the leg, not down the back.

The mounting block thing you have for your lightsaber might be an issue? A judge might need to make that call, because it's not entirely clear from my reading of the standards. There may be enough wiggle room for it to pass.

I'm assuming your saber blade is an allowable Jedi color? "Blade colors accepted are: blue, green, yellow, orange, white and violet. No red, pink or black blades."

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/jedi-costume-standards-generic/

I suspect the tunic issues could be resolved without a huge investment. The boots might be a larger hurdle for you, though, depending on your options.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
I believe they're supposed to be wider at the wrist, and extend to the knuckles, and Jedi don't wear gauntlets so those can't hide the fact that the sleeves aren't to spec.

That's not good for me. This labcoat I use for my SG Sith actually has scrunchies sewn into the end of the sleeves so it bunches up at the wrists, and my gloves cover up that fact :\ I'll have to let the costuming council (if that's the right term) to go over it. If I can find the right address I'll send them all my SG photos for them to nitpick too.

kman wrote:
The mounting block thing you have for your lightsaber might be an issue? A judge might need to make that call, because it's not entirely clear from my reading of the standards. There may be enough wiggle room for it to pass.

It's a simple design that doesn't use moving parts, I prefer it over the standard covertec clips since it's easy to use and is still secure. I'll include it in my photos for the council.

kman wrote:
I'm assuming your saber blade is an allowable Jedi color? "Blade colors accepted are: blue, green, yellow, orange, white and violet. No red, pink or black blades."

RGB sabers. Gotta love the advancements the lightsaber hobby has done in the past five years.

kman wrote:
I suspect the tunic issues could be resolved without a huge investment. The boots might be a larger hurdle for you, though, depending on your options.

My boots are actually women's boots from amazon lol I should be able to find approved ones easily.
MandalorianMercs.org
TinnKuatch ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!

MandalorianMercs.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: