Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2f02073ff1ddcc450ba5a81fc759bae6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Temple Guard Saber HELP!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shader ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Jedi Temple Guard Saber HELP!!! Reply with quote

So I actually have an almost finished temple guard costume, but two items are proving to be a real nightmare.

One of them, the boots is already on the works, but the saber is proving to be a real issue.

I'd like to know what are my options if there are any, last time I asked for a made on order one it was like 800€ in its most basic state.

3d printing it might be an option, but i'm not sure about durability considering electronics heat and that its a saber wich probably will recieve more bumps than many armour pieces.

Galaxys edge ones seem very affordable, even when prices are doubled on ebay and considering customs. But even being listed as Jedi Temple Guard I'm not sure if they would be acepted.

Could someone please point me to an affordable solution.

Thank you.
Grimwalker (Derrick Billings)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temple Guard Battle Staff from Saberforge? It's not a replica but it might serve if you painted it to be more screen accurate.

Otherwise...these are not commonly produced, and is not a simple design. I fear that "affordable" may not be in the cards for you.

But, with the hinged lightsaber in TROS trailer, the temple guard folder may ride its coattails. Try asking also on the various lightsaber facebook communities.
Shader ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about the staff one not folding one

There must be some approved guards, and I was hoping that they might help me with it, since the CRL is one of the few that saysspecifically that it must be matching the canon reference.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah—that saber actually has a hinge in the center. I don’t think the hinge is necessary for approval, but I was just saying that there may be a resurgence in interest for hinged saber designs thanks to TROS.

Regardless, it’s relatively obscure, so probably not going to be cheap to find unless you go the 3-D print route and put in electronics which don’t build up too much heat, which again, not cheap.
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe shader is referring to the temple guards as seen in the clone wars, not the one seen in rebels:

Those lightsaber pikes were not hinged in the center.

There are plenty of custom saber makers out there that can build one of these for you, you'd just need to search.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I was saying is that the best bet is that the folding saber experiences renewed interest due to the folding saber in TROS, and this may be the option with the best availability.

Regardless, OP was asking for an “affordable solution” and having a custom saber maker craft one to order is unlikely to meet his requirements on that front.

Another option would be to go on Facebook communities such as Custom Sabre Owners or Universal Lightsaber Community and just ask: hey, does anyone own a Temple Guard Saber Pike they’d be interested in selling? It’s a legit question, I’ve seen people get contacted by sellers, and if nothing else, a lot of times there are suggestions made about vendors who would have it.
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of custom sabersmiths that can do affordable sabers, I used to be one of them. Wink I stepped away from taking orders a few years ago, after doing it for more than 12 years, but still follow the hobby.

A couple of sites to check out:
FX-Sabers.com Forums
Check out the Mining colony about halfway down the page, there's plenty of builders there that may be able to help you out.

TheRebelArmory.com
This is another good resource for builders that may be able to do an affordable version of that saber for you.

This place seems to be about finding good sources for sabers:
https://sabersourcing.com/

If you've got a facebook account, this is a good resource as well:
The Vault: A Custom Lightsaber Community

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: