Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f8a10c2b18e914c2e9a596c68825323aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

blondebethel's Hera Season 1 WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondebethel (Meagan Bethel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject: blondebethel's Hera Season 1 WIP Reply with quote

I have been wanting to do this costume for a while, the make-up was scaring me off for a while, but I got up the courage and took the plunge!

In this thread I will post my works in progress and ramble about what I'm doing.

I have most of the materials already, I just need to sew it together.
I've already made the pants, the vest, and bought the lekku, harness webbing, and flight cap.

I have Pam's lekku and love them! But my head is apparently big and they keep slipping to show my hairline. I have pulled out a lot of the stuffing and I'm at the point where I'm nervous to pull out more. An elastic headband under the flight cap has helped a lot! But I'm still tinkering

For the flight-suit, I'm tall and originally made it too short. So I added a panel in the middle to extend it. It should be hidden by the belt webbing. There is a hidden zipper in the back. I'm glad animated characters have a bit more wiggle room for where the seams are!

The vest is made out of pleather with a stiff backing. It took a lot of fiddling and re-doing, but it is fitted! There is velcro on the side and I have to thank for WanderingWindward for her thread that gave me the inspiration http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59482&sid=15ca27a5fa7fe4b17afcefdd02632341

I'm waiting on the 3D prints of the goggles and greebles. I've excited to keep working on this costume and represent a series and character I love.
rhythmichigh (Lindsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: blondebethel's Hera Season 1 WIP Reply with quote

Looking good so far! Come, join the green team.

blondebethel wrote:

I have Pam's lekku and love them! But my head is apparently big and they keep slipping to show my hairline. I have pulled out a lot of the stuffing and I'm at the point where I'm nervous to pull out more. An elastic headband under the flight cap has helped a lot! But I'm still tinkering

I have the problem of having a Very Small Head, so my lekku (also Pam's) just plain don't stay on if they're not secured in any way. I personally use a wide (2+ inches) elastic headband to help keep it in place, and dab a little bit of (water-based) prosthetic adhesive along my hairline to help the headband from being pulled back by the weight of the lekku.

With a well-fitting flight cap you won't have too many issues--strangely enough, my lekku slip less when I have my s4 civilian/undercover Hera cap (no chinstrap) on than they do when I have my s1 flightcap (with chinstrap), which I think has to do with the shape of the cap itself.

If you really want them to stick and stay in place, a silicone prosthetic adhesive (assuming you have Pam's silicone lekku and not her latex ones) would be your best bet, but if you're on a limited budget it's probably not the option you want to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: