Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cc4a72f4bbe2a0351e508fb0b8f8421bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Kal Argos Generic OT X-wing pilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kal Argos ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject: Kal Argos Generic OT X-wing pilot Reply with quote

Hi,

So this is my first thread here.

As the title says, I'm going for a generic OT rebel pilot.

So costume to date:

Helmet: Custom DHPFX
Jumpsuit: Anovos
Flack vest: Anovos, needs some work and considering options
Chestbox: DHPFX
Belt and straps: Wampawear
Leg flare holder: Wampawear
Gloves: Leather mystics gauntlet gloves
Boots: equestrian faux leather boots
Compad: both DHPFX and Wampawear.. both are awesome.

Need to get
Flares Large/Mini: TBD

Still some work, with the chestbox straps trimming excess.

The vest is my biggest question. Beyond trimming that excess fabric. Not sure what I want to do. Its a really nice but some of the details are off, it would still be acceptable by RL but it would bug me to know they are there. Not sure if I could get tailor to fix it without a lot of pictures and explaining versus getting new vest that would be $$.

My other question is the boots... they look more like the promo photo X-wing Luke boots and I think they are okay per the standards but any one know good options that aren't leather?

Any suggestions, questions or comments are welcome ....

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your costume is looking good. Nice job! The flak vest should pass approvals, you could fix the couple things about it if you wanted if it bothers you a lot, but I'd just gauge whether or not it bugs you enough to go through all of that. But I definitely wouldn't buy a new vest, that's a lot of money for some details that are so small. Smile

Remember to trim the strap of your chestbox a bit so that there isn't so much extra hanging down your back. The Velcro/clasp on the upper front strap of the ejection harness can also be seen, that should be hidden under the flak vest.

The helmet looks great, too!

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kal Argos ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
Your costume is looking good. Nice job! The flak vest should pass approvals, you could fix the couple things about it if you wanted if it bothers you a lot, but I'd just gauge whether or not it bugs you enough to go through all of that. But I definitely wouldn't buy a new vest, that's a lot of money for some details that are so small. Smile

Remember to trim the strap of your chestbox a bit so that there isn't so much extra hanging down your back. The Velcro/clasp on the upper front strap of the ejection harness can also be seen, that should be hidden under the flak vest.

The helmet looks great, too!

Awesome, thanks. I really can't say ive made much, but my purchasing skills are pretty good! Smile To clarify, DarthHair did all the work on the helmet... he does awesome work.

Definitely this is a rough dress up to see how everything was shaping up. Definitely need to trim the chestbox straps. And i still need to attach the straps to the vest with velcro... they weren't attached as i am not 100% on my direction with the vest. Maybe a new more accurate vest will be a future improvement...

Thanks so much for the feed back!
Kal Argos ()

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I digitally edited pictures I took of the vest to remove the extra fabric on the sides and brought in the under arm straps.

Would this be sufficient to meet the standards for the vest?

If so then I can just take these pictures to the tailor ... as they say a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Kal Argos ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions if I have the anovos vest altered as above if that will be sufficient for approval.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: