Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5330ecd14c98427678dbfdc022eee1f4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wrist comm Prop at auction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OddViking (Colin Adams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Wrist comm Prop at auction Reply with quote

I wanted to share this great set of pics from an auction of a screen-used Endor Rebel Trooper wrist comm. I will insert a few pics in case the link eventually dies, but here it is:

http://www.icollector.com/STAR-WARS-RETURN-OF-THE-JEDI-1983-Rebel-Wrist-Communicator_i31190734

Description of the item: "A Rebel wrist communicator from Richard Marquand’s Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Rebel Alliance soldiers wore wrist communicators during the Battle of Endor.

The wrist communicator is made of vacuum-formed plastic with a stretchy tan-coloured nylon band that secures with Velcro. The strap shows annotation in marker that reads “Wrist Watch”, “Rebel Foot Soldier #20 ” and “BH1014 ”. “#20” indicated that it was the 20th communicator made as they were all numbered, and “BH” is a reference to Blue Harvest, the film’s production title. There is another annotation written on the interior which indicates the direction the device should be worn. The lot shows minor wear to the paint due to production use and age, but is in very fine condition. Dimensions: 8 cm x 10 cm x 5 cm (3” x 4” x 2”)"

Pics of the prop:

Some of us ERT's have a FB build group called "Endor Rebel Commando Costume Armory" and after this was posted a few months ago, one of the members created a 3D print based on these new reference photos. Search for "Blockade Runner Supply" and message them about the new Endor Wrist Comm. Another member gave a link for a dropbox of his 3D files based on it for anyone to use.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the "Endor Rebel Commando Costume Armory" group on FB, someone modeled and offered a print of this comlink based on the auction prop photos. I just finally got around to doing the Bondo, sanding, paint, and weathering. It is in two parts, so it was nice to paint the beige piece and the dark metal bit without any masking, and then glue it together at the end. I can't find a shop, but it was from Matt Nelson in that group.

Original prop:

My new comlink and the raw print pictured:
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: