Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3d71446947fc23b9cdebfad98dadab2aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hoth Hanger Trooper - WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kryamla (Emily Jackson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Hoth Hanger Trooper - WIP Reply with quote

Hello! Like many in Sunrider base, Iím working on a Hoth Trooper, specifically the hanger trooper. Hereís my current progress! I do have the vest rank badge and the hat comm greeblie, but I hadnít attached that when I took these pictures. These were taken inside at night and with overhead light.

Jumpsuit, hat, and gloves are by PilotBay.

I still need the vest, scarf, and shoulder badge thingy. I started working on the scarf last night, but Iím sure how wide it should be? Iím planning on using some brown fleece that I found in the remnant section at JoAnns for like $7. Iíd love some feedback to make sure Iím on the right track! Thanks!

Jyn Erso - RFT - ERT - Mando Merc - Bo-Katan Kryze - Atton Rand

In Progress: Hoth Hanger Trooper, Battle Handmaiden
Kryamla (Emily Jackson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update! The vest was made by my amazing friend, Heather! All I need is the scarf and a few other small details.

This picture shows the colors best.

PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your costume looks great. I am not an expert for this costume. I know that the patch on the shoulder is still missing but what are the other small details you mentioned?

Rebel Legion costumes: jawa, rebel fleet trooper ANH, signals intelligence technician (Rogue One), Rebel Vanguard (Hasbro action figure), Battlefront female desert rebel trooper

501st Legion costumes: jawa, bridge crew
Kryamla (Emily Jackson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the patch is one of the things missing still. I need the scarf, patch, possibly code cylinders and a comm pad. Itís not listed in the standard but I have a pockets for those on the suit. Hoping a could judge possibly chime in and let me know if theyíre needed or not? Smile

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking wonderful! Great job!

In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great progress! I'm jealous. Smile I hope PilotBay finishes my hat soon, as that'll be a big step forward.

I still need to work on my vest. Yours looks gray... I thought they were tan? Is gray the color I should be looking at? Or is that just the usual lighting quirks?

The standard just says "The vest is several shades darker than the coveralls."
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itís a darker tan, I think it just has a cooler undertone while the flightsuit has a warmer undertone. It also could be the lighting or both of those things combined? If the judges deem it to be too grey, then I should be able to dye this one easily. Hopefully it wonít come to that lol.

kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kryamla wrote:
Itís a darker tan, I think it just has a cooler undertone while the flightsuit has a warmer undertone. It also could be the lighting or both of those things combined? If the judges deem it to be too grey, then I should be able to dye this one easily. Hopefully it wonít come to that lol.

Since you're seeing it as tan in person, it sounds like you may just want to play with lighting a bit when you're shooting your approval photos, to make sure the tan tones come out more, and then you should be good. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Color of vest Reply with quote

I was just playing around and photographing the fabric. It looks tan with a cool undertone by itself in a photo. I think it is a combination of lighting and the warm undertone of your jumpsuit. I matched it to Luke's Hoth vest color. But if you decide you need to dye it, I have scraps you can use to practice on.
Kryamla (Emily Jackson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Iíll do is take the regular set of app pictures (when I get there that is lol) but also include additional pictures with different lighting (inside, flash, no flash, sun, shade, etc). I feel like itís just one of those colors that photographs differently under different lighting conditions Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: