About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2d6b40c09e2294b037f0efa0b003dc4fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Solo belt question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Solo belt question Reply with quote

I had a guy who is working on a Solo belt but the buckle won't stay fastned. Is there a way we smugglers can help him?

I am the basis for the World's Most Interesting Man commercials by Dos Equis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Combat Gerbil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What fastening method was trying to be employed in this belt??
Pete Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Solo belt question Reply with quote

Is there any way I can post the pic here?

I am the basis for the World's Most Interesting Man commercials by Dos Equis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can. Do you know how to do it here on the new forums?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to drag my holster out and take a pic of the way it fastens...

It was a hook (actually a screw type very small bolt) that inserted through a keyhole in the other 2ecnod part of the buckel. It allowed for the movement that is needed (the buckle actually swings.. it isn't stationary). Never ever had a problem with it coming apart. The buckel that is..however, I would have difficulties until I discovered loc-tight with the holster itself falling apart while I was running away from TK's and Vader.

I'll see if I can pull it out of storage and get some pics up
impearse (Ian Pearse)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: More queries on Han's belt Reply with quote

Can anyone give me some dimensions for Han's belt? I gather the black belt with hte holes is an inch and a half, but how wide is the gun belt, the bit from which the holster hangs? Also, about how wide/high is the buckle plate at the front, and the similar plate at the back? I'm trying to make one, you see, but having problems gauging the suzes from the pictures, and the rigs being sold are a bit out of my price league at present!

Thanks in advance,

ian
defyitall (Christian Evans)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has flat hooks that attach over loops that are JB Welded to the back of the buckle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: