Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=69f1139e3990748076002f4de247fe44Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT: NLX -Next Level eXpo - Ames, IA - August 24th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Southern Sector Events (IA, NE)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you with us??
Yes! Always ready to fry some Ties!
   [ ]
Uhh... Sorry... my artoo unit has an appointment
   [ ]
Not sure, I must see if the force is with me that day.
   [ ]
Users Voted : 1
Total Votes : 1
Detailed Results

TD-11869 (Arthur Smith)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: EVENT: NLX -Next Level eXpo - Ames, IA - August 24th
Event: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:00 pm

Greetings! We have a short notice troop for August 24th at NLX: Next Level Expo in Ames, IA. We will have a booth and will be collecting donations for the Peter Mayhew Foundation. Everyone who works 4 hours or more will have their names sent in to the Foundation for a really cool, exclusive Peter Mayhew Challenge Coin!

Saturday, August 24th
Gateway Hotel & Conference Center
2100 Green Hills Drive
Ames, IA 50014

The event is 10am - 10pm. They would like us there at least 11am - 5pm. My wife and I will be there at least that long (probably more like 9:30-5:00 to get set up).

1. Would you be able to provide a secure changing area for us that would be available prior to event start?  Do you know what that changing area would be? (Up to an hour beforehand would be great)
We are trying to negotiate at least 1 guest room on the convention floor (near our registration and traditional gaming area) to allow for storage and changing. We may be able to rent the conference room for your team, if there are enough people to merit the bigger space.

2. Would you be able to provide water or access to it?  What food options on-site or nearby are available, if any?
We'll have water stations at several points throughout the con (in most rooms and in the halls), and there will be a fancier restaurant on-site as well as quick concessions next to the vendor hall for cheaper eats on the go. (hoping to get a food truck or two lined up, but it depends on the venue catering rules!)  I always try to provide at least one meal/snack offering to our volunteers and guests, and our runners are more than happy to assist in that regard

3. Will there be parking available near the changing area, if possible?  If so, where?
There are a few places you may park, and we're trying to get your guest room next to the elevators that are right by one of the lobby entrances. (see attached mini-map--the right-side entrance with the elevators is what I'm thinking, and we'd try to get a room near Conference Rooms 1-3)

4. Would you be open to other groups like the Mandalorian Mercs joining us?  If so, I suggest putting in a request to them directly at http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/request-an-invasion/
Absolutely

5. What kind of activities would you be looking for us to do? 
Mostly interacting with attendees with optional main stage or outside patio panels/performances welcome.

6. How many characters would you be interested in? Is there a hard maximum number?
We are happy to provide free passes to whomever from your group is able to attend, just let us know if the numbers require better changing accommodations! 

7. Are Blasters / Lightsaber props allowed?
Lightsabers yes; the guns were an iffy subject for the venue director, as he's not as familiar with these sorts of events. If anything is clearly sci-fi and not an immediate threat, it should be a-okay--we can share some pictures of the proposed blasters to confirm with their director

8. Are helmets allowed?
 Yes

9. What is the time period that you would like us at your event and kitted up?  If we cannot be there the entire time, what period is most important?
 Our event is primarily from 10am-10pm.  As we're still mapping our schedule of events, we can be pretty flexible with what times work best for you. Generally wanting entertainment from 11am-5pm, or any amount of time in-between.

10. Could you provide a short little blurb about your event, what it is, what happens there?
Next Level Expo is an all-fandom gaming, anime, and comic convention celebrating its second year this August 24th in Ames, Iowa. On top of the traditional elements you'd expect from a convention, we're partnering with Midwest eSports to provide a wide array of video game entertainment. From competitive and casual gaming to Virtual Reality rooms, with panels and main stage events/contests, and all sorts of ways to get involved in the action.. we know there’ll be something for people of all ages to enjoy!
Rodian XWing Pilot: Artur Ith (WIP)
501st info: TA/TD11869
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Southern Sector Events (IA, NE) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: