Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6ab0779d8ec6d7d95e7007737ab3f579Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacepuffin ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: introduction Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Katherine and I signed up for Terrapin base's email, where they suggested I introduce myself on my base's forums. I'm working on a few costumes, Princess Leia ( ANH and ESB end) and Lt. Connix, though I have minor concerns about my costume progress. I have very wide calves that are about 19 inches around and boot shopping can be a major struggle, as I rarely find adequate boots that have enough elastic/space for my legs. For Connix, I picked up a pair of brown boots that have elastic in the back that's a few shades darker than the boot color. I wanted to ask if that could be a problem for approval. I was told by another Connix costumer ( I'm not sure what her base is, if she's approved) that I would need to add plackets to cover the elastic but she never elaborated beyond that when I asked for further help. Is there a base judge who could provide advice on what I should do?
xcambonesx (camie finch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there katherine! I am currently working on a couple of connix costumes, and I totally understand needing larger boots, what the woman who gave you the advice on plackets most likely meant a strip of matching fabric that when work is the same side/covers up your elastic. I can take photos tomorrow of a similar solution,as well as another method for Disguising the top of the boot to make it look more cohesive! If you want to chat, and have instagram my handle there is exactly the same as on the forums! I can get notifications much easier there and faster reply times! MTFBWY!
Sophiesticatted ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:09 am    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

Hi!

I have both ANH and ESB end scene Leia approved- let me know if you’ve got any questions! It’s great to see more Dignitaries joining the fight against the empire Smile

If you’re not already a member, I highly recommend joining the Facebook group “Bun Squad- Leia Cosplay Group”. It has super valuable resources and it’s how I was able to put my costume together. I believe there is one as well for Lt. Connix.
xcambonesx (camie finch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also! The connix group is called Iconnix squad! I am also in that group!!
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome! Camie and Sophie can definitely help you with answers to questions on the costumes you're working on!

I'm the current Membership Officer for the base, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you have and if I don't know the answer I'll at least do what I can to connect you with someone who can help!

What part of Virginia are you in?

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
spacepuffin ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treblemaker wrote:
Hello and welcome! Camie and Sophie can definitely help you with answers to questions on the costumes you're working on!

I'm the current Membership Officer for the base, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you have and if I don't know the answer I'll at least do what I can to connect you with someone who can help!

What part of Virginia are you in?

I’m right outside Washington DC !
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dagobahdapper wrote:
I’m right outside Washington DC !

(Sorry for the delayed response!!)

Oh excellent!! I'm in the NoVA area, please do feel free to start joining us for events as a handler, you should be able to see our upcoming events in the events folder. We'll also have a presence at Fairfax Comic Con at the end of the month if you want to meet some of us there!

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: