Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=06f27a02faee4cc2627457f089c42160Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

IGC Jyn WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabari ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: IGC Jyn WIP Reply with quote

Mods, please move when Rogue Detachment is available, thanks!

Even though we don't have official standards done yet, I'm starting my Imperial Ground Crew Disguise Jyn! Very Happy

To start with, I have Jyn's boots and gloves (already RL approved, so shouldn't be any issues there). The knee pads will need some weathering and new straps so I can actually wear them comfortably, but should be approvable. I have some nice vinyl cog patches. I also have the Rogue One sized belt boxes.

Right now I'm working on weathering the fabric for the jumpsuit, as it's a little too dark, and I should have the belt done this weekend.

[/b]
Jabari ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the belt is (mostly) done! I'm going to wait to punch the holes and trim the end until I get the jumpsuit done, just in case. I also might permanently attach the boxes with screws so they don't slide around. Very Happy

Jabari ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabric is done. It's 100% cotton black bull denim, but it was way too dark. I soaked it in salt water for 3 days, and then hand washed it in hot water...a lot. It needs a final machine wash/dry just to be safe (I'm not sure if I washed out all the detergent/Synthrapol, hand washing 6 yards of denim is tiring!), but it's otherwise done. Some lighting tests (left is outside in the shade, then indoors with flash, with warm overhead lighting, and indirect indoor lighting:

And this was the original fabric color, for comparison (inside, next to a sunny window).

I'm working on a pattern right now, with the top modified from Burda 7018 (I bought it to use for Jyn's jacket, actually, but it's got similarly placed seams) and the bottom probably from the Green Pepper jumpsuit pattern.
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good so far!

In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: