Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0243b91896665447f02e0b60475f4e58Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Empathy's TLJ controller Jacket
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Sequel Trilogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO


Joined: 01 Jun 2016
Posts: 247
Location: uk
Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TLJ officers in the 'melton' wear the same holster on the other side, its the mix and match of these that have made the standards so tricky to write.

Anya that's awesome. Really want to work on adding options for patterns that can be altered.
_________________
RLGSC, DXO
BMO Elstree Base UK
CO Home One Command, Elstree Base UK ( Rebel Officers Detachment)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kman ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 25 May 2016
Posts: 1207
Location: Tarzana, CA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:
The TLJ officers in the 'melton' wear the same holster on the other side, its the mix and match of these that have made the standards so tricky to write.


At least some of the TLJ officers have them on the left. The guy with the long gray hair and beard, for instance. So even the melton officers wear it multiple ways.

I assume the standard allows for either? Or has that been written yet?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO


Joined: 01 Jun 2016
Posts: 247
Location: uk
Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
tenebris wrote:
The TLJ officers in the 'melton' wear the same holster on the other side, its the mix and match of these that have made the standards so tricky to write.


At least some of the TLJ officers have them on the left. The guy with the long gray hair and beard, for instance. So even the melton officers wear it multiple ways.

I assume the standard allows for either? Or has that been written yet?


Can you provide a reference for that, we are happy to add anything referenced. Its all very well popping up and telling us we are wrong.....but if you could do the work and provide the ref, that would be great.
_________________
RLGSC, DXO
BMO Elstree Base UK
CO Home One Command, Elstree Base UK ( Rebel Officers Detachment)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kman ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 25 May 2016
Posts: 1207
Location: Tarzana, CA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:
kman wrote:
tenebris wrote:
The TLJ officers in the 'melton' wear the same holster on the other side, its the mix and match of these that have made the standards so tricky to write.


At least some of the TLJ officers have them on the left. The guy with the long gray hair and beard, for instance. So even the melton officers wear it multiple ways.

I assume the standard allows for either? Or has that been written yet?


Can you provide a reference for that, we are happy to add anything referenced. Its all very well popping up and telling us we are wrong.....but if you could do the work and provide the ref, that would be great.


I'm not trying to give you a hard time, here, just chatting.

I can't share the more clear references I have, but I was able to find these screen caps. They're not clear, but it is actually on screen, so I would think that would settle it anyway.





I wish they were more clear, but I can assure you, that's his blaster. (gray haired gentleman on the left)

When I get a chance to fire up the disc at home, I'll see if there is anything more clear than what StarWarsScreenCaps has to offer.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO


Joined: 01 Jun 2016
Posts: 247
Location: uk
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats major Emmat, its counted as option 2 TFA :
http://newsite.rebellegion.com/tfa-resistance-officers/

I was refering to the other 3 officers in your reference, all are what we call TLJ melton as they (so far are only seen in TLJ ) we see those clearly with the controller holster and the other holster (with the strap) on the right.

The TFA melton with be updated to add the holster under optional as we have been provided previously with grainy refs, where we can see there is holster, but not which one. So we would have to assume its either one for fairness.
_________________
RLGSC, DXO
BMO Elstree Base UK
CO Home One Command, Elstree Base UK ( Rebel Officers Detachment)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kman ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 25 May 2016
Posts: 1207
Location: Tarzana, CA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:
Thats major Emmat, its counted as option 2 TFA :
http://newsite.rebellegion.com/tfa-resistance-officers/

I was refering to the other 3 officers in your reference, all are what we call TLJ melton as they (so far are only seen in TLJ ) we see those clearly with the controller holster and the other holster (with the strap) on the right.

The TFA melton with be updated to add the holster under optional as we have been provided previously with grainy refs, where we can see there is holster, but not which one. So we would have to assume its either one for fairness.


Yeesh. You're absolutely right, my apologies. I was looking at the brown coat/long sleeves and didn't even notice that his neckline is a V and not the taller collar worn by the others. The brown is ever so slightly darker, too, looks like.

His holster is the same as the ones worn by the melton-wearing bearded guy on the left-most side of the photos. I think the blaster, too, as the tip is the same. There's a shot with them all lined up (and armed, for a change) when Poe is about the do the mutiny thing in the hangar.

The regular TLJ melton officers do all seem to be wearing them on the right.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Sequel Trilogy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group