Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0243b91896665447f02e0b60475f4e58Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Empathy's TLJ controller Jacket
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Sequel Trilogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TLJ officers in the 'melton' wear the same holster on the other side, its the mix and match of these that have made the standards so tricky to write.

Anya that's awesome. Really want to work on adding options for patterns that can be altered.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:
The TLJ officers in the 'melton' wear the same holster on the other side, its the mix and match of these that have made the standards so tricky to write.

At least some of the TLJ officers have them on the left. The guy with the long gray hair and beard, for instance. So even the melton officers wear it multiple ways.

I assume the standard allows for either? Or has that been written yet?
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
tenebris wrote:

At least some of the TLJ officers have them on the left. The guy with the long gray hair and beard, for instance. So even the melton officers wear it multiple ways.

Can you provide a reference for that, we are happy to add anything referenced. Its all very well popping up and telling us we are wrong.....but if you could do the work and provide the ref, that would be great.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:
kman wrote:
tenebris wrote:

Can you provide a reference for that, we are happy to add anything referenced. Its all very well popping up and telling us we are wrong.....but if you could do the work and provide the ref, that would be great.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, here, just chatting.

I can't share the more clear references I have, but I was able to find these screen caps. They're not clear, but it is actually on screen, so I would think that would settle it anyway.

I wish they were more clear, but I can assure you, that's his blaster. (gray haired gentleman on the left)

When I get a chance to fire up the disc at home, I'll see if there is anything more clear than what StarWarsScreenCaps has to offer.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats major Emmat, its counted as option 2 TFA :
http://newsite.rebellegion.com/tfa-resistance-officers/

I was refering to the other 3 officers in your reference, all are what we call TLJ melton as they (so far are only seen in TLJ ) we see those clearly with the controller holster and the other holster (with the strap) on the right.

The TFA melton with be updated to add the holster under optional as we have been provided previously with grainy refs, where we can see there is holster, but not which one. So we would have to assume its either one for fairness.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:
Thats major Emmat, its counted as option 2 TFA :
http://newsite.rebellegion.com/tfa-resistance-officers/

I was refering to the other 3 officers in your reference, all are what we call TLJ melton as they (so far are only seen in TLJ ) we see those clearly with the controller holster and the other holster (with the strap) on the right.

The TFA melton with be updated to add the holster under optional as we have been provided previously with grainy refs, where we can see there is holster, but not which one. So we would have to assume its either one for fairness.

Yeesh. You're absolutely right, my apologies. I was looking at the brown coat/long sleeves and didn't even notice that his neckline is a V and not the taller collar worn by the others. The brown is ever so slightly darker, too, looks like.

His holster is the same as the ones worn by the melton-wearing bearded guy on the left-most side of the photos. I think the blaster, too, as the tip is the same. There's a shot with them all lined up (and armed, for a change) when Poe is about the do the mutiny thing in the hangar.

The regular TLJ melton officers do all seem to be wearing them on the right.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Sequel Trilogy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: