Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2f8decb23f83fb1985adaf626e498cfcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

RebozoRebel's Jyn Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebozoRebel ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject: RebozoRebel's Jyn Build Reply with quote

My mom said that I look a lot like Jyn when I take off my glasses. So, here begins the build! I'm not sure if the CosplaySky Jyn is approvable (the fabric parts, that is) and all the recommended vendors are either out of stock or are dead links. Except for Endor Finders, that is. And Traywick, but I don't want to assemble a blaster.
Jabari ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you joined the Stardust Sisters group on Facebook? There's a lot of good resources on there, and tutorials for how to make pretty much everything in the Files section, if you want to go that route.

As far as I know, a lot of people like the Endor Finders gloves, I think they need some weathering to be approvable, but that's it. And I've assembled both the Traywick blaster and baton, the hardest part is just sanding. Not bad at all. (I can't help with any other pre-made stuff, aside from the weapons kits, I pretty much scratch built everything.)
fleurderys ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Welcome Very Happy

I think CosplaySky is the one with the shiny vest? If so, that vest is not approvable, just because it's the wrong material completely. The jacket is pretty close though, I think. Not sure about the rest of it.

Someone on the Stardust Sisters facebook group modded the ProCosplay version to approval and took pretty detailed notes of how she did it. It did require some sewing, but she didn't think it was bad!

I'm not sure if you sew, but there are a whole bunch of us who never sewed before we discovered Jyn. I kept running into problems finding approvable pieces made by vendors, so after a few expensive months of going down that road I ended up buying a cheap sewing machine and made the pants myself, having never sewed anything in my life.

And I also highly recommend the Stardust Sisters fb group -- everyone on there is so helpful. I never would've gotten approved/joined the RL without it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: