Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0971c21b90f0f1ca4e8cc9b735f68992Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Fairfax Comicon 24-25 August 2019 at Dulles Expo Center

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AraFace ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Fairfax Comicon 24-25 August 2019 at Dulles Expo Center Reply with quote

We have a table at Fairfax Comicon in August! No panels that we're aware of.

We will also be collecting donations for the Inova Children's Hospital.

Info on that here: https://www.facebook.com/InovaChildrensHospital/photos/a.210359348976985/2496213770391520/?type=3&theater

We will also be selling raffle tickets for an X-Wing helmet... All cash gathered will be then used to buy toys and games for the Inova Children's Hospital.

I don't have concrete info on passes just yet, but the hope is that we'll have 10 tickets provided to us.

So if you want to go and you're able to do some table time, please sign up here and let me know what day, and for how long you can help! We need people all day Saturday and all day Sunday.

Please fill out the form here if you're able to go:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RkI7d1PgRXHFjox1188B7b_zBam5qW8cECIxrz5zbNE/edit?usp=sharing

And please fill this one out if you can bring display items:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UYJqpZuupweDk-E6cRL4xORKND7tg-1aOdsjhcnN1A4/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by AraFace () on Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to help with setup and be there all day both days!

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
goldenhawk (Neil Umayam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help set up like like year. Don’t have the exact time when I will be at the Con for the RL and 501st.
Garrison Tyranus - Kylo Ren, The Force Awakens/Starkiller Base/The Last Jedi
AraFace ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with sign up spreadsheets! Sign away, dear Rebels!
Expload (Jon Pike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:06 am    Post subject: Fairfax Comic con Reply with quote

Id like to help anywhere needed.
midichlorianlori (Lori Frye)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can troop for a couple of hours as Ackbar on Saturday and work the table for other shifts.

If the time for set-up on Friday is during the work day, I can swing by and drop off my set-up things, but won't be able to stay. If it is after 5 PM, I can stay and help.

Since we don't have many display items yet, I listed a few Rubie's items that I have. They are fine for display if we don't have enough real costume items, so please let me know if we're short of items when we're near the con and I can bring them. If we have real helmets, etc. to display, those should definitely get priority.

I'm not sure I can attend for the day Sunday yet or not. If I can't stay for the day, I should be able to stop by at the end and pick up my table items, since I live nearby.

Please let me know if you need any help with the panels - I've done a bunch of them over the years and have PowerPoints, etc. if you need them.
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this been approved by the legion charity officer and command...we are not normally supposed to collect and handle money directly.....who is going to handle funds collected? What are the accountability and handling procedures? What is going to happen with the money once it is collected at the event etc.?

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AraFace ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up! We're working it to make sure everything is on the up 'n up.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like we've got plenty of display items coming both days, so I knocked my less impressive ones off of the list.

Salacious Crumb can't stay overnight unattended, so I'll bring him and his chair in Saturday AM and take him home Saturday night.

I'm not sure about Sunday yet- I will at least be there for breakdown, and may be able to make it earlier but don't know yet. If I make it in earlier on Sunday, I'll bring Crumb along.

If you need any help with advance preparation of the panel, please let me know now- I will be out of town on business most of the week, so any work on that would need to happen this weekend.
AraFace ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midichlorianlori wrote:
It looks like we've got plenty of display items coming both days, so I knocked my less impressive ones off of the list.

Salacious Crumb can't stay overnight unattended, so I'll bring him and his chair in Saturday AM and take him home Saturday night.

I'm not sure about Sunday yet- I will at least be there for breakdown, and may be able to make it earlier but don't know yet. If I make it in earlier on Sunday, I'll bring Crumb along.

If you need any help with advance preparation of the panel, please let me know now- I will be out of town on business most of the week, so any work on that would need to happen this weekend.

Thanks for the update! As it so happens I don't believe we're doing a panel at all... Just a table. So no need to worry about that! And do what you can - we actually have a good number of whole-weekend-attendees so we're covered if you can't make it Sunday. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AraFace wrote:
midichlorianlori wrote:

Thanks for the update! As it so happens I don't believe we're doing a panel at all... Just a table. So no need to worry about that! And do what you can - we actually have a good number of whole-weekend-attendees so we're covered if you can't make it Sunday. Smile

OK, because your opening post talks about a couple of panels. If they're off, then things are much easier.
AraFace ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys... Update:

Our load-in times are:

Friday 12pm - 8pm
and Saturday 6:45-9:30am - that's now reflected in our google docs.

We are also doing a panel that RL/501st is doing together. That's already staffed and taken care of (and we don't have a time/place for it yet), so no one has to worry about it.

See this link for our table placement: http://fairfaxcomiccon.com/exhibitordetails/

Floor map:
http://fairfaxcomiccon.com/exhibitors/

We're W1, and the 501st, TDE, GA are all right next to us. It'll be a big giant Star Wars corner!
Japagaijin ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Fairfax Con Reply with quote

I will be there with my X-Wing, and Rieko with her Ewok, for most if not all of the day, depending on our physical condition. We have a morning troop back down near Richmond the next day, so we will have to play it by ear as to how long we stay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: