About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=43d220e975fbb77bbbca6f0bc6ca004eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SFX 2007 August 24-26
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veton-Ni ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SO in! I went last year and have to say there was a VERY poor Jedi turn out. Let me know what the deal is closer to the event!

Veton-Ni

P.S- I live in Hamilton, about a hour's drive from TO and I have crash space if anyone's interested.
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediKnightLisa wrote:
Atleast 5 of us from Buffalo are staying there, 3 pilots. Smile Cool

We've got 4-5 people (1 pilot, a Padme?, and a RC) in our car alone, plus another 2 coming up from the Toledo area, you guys, PLUS our Canadian friends...this is gonna be frelling awesome!!!

Quote:
I notice the group shots usually happen at the same time most times.

I know we usually do one pic of just 501st...one of RL...then dog-pile together for one BIG "family picture." If that helps anyone not miss out on being in a picture, I'd offer that suggestion to our Canadian hosts.

That being said, we're all guest in your backyard guys, ya'll call the play and we'll be there.

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
Moff_D ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (as my wife and I are going to this as well) but there are strong indications that Hayden is canceling his appearance. No official word yet so hopefully something can yet be worked out but it is not looking good. It should still be a good time but that is a bit of a bummer...
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well until it is official... Confused

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I doubt you and Kim's intell...but where are these rumors coming from? Main website still has Hayden on the list, so that's encouraging.

((goes to hide all sharp objects from PrincessLeia92))

Editor:
Moff_D ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben at OPX for one (although his comment may have since been removed from Rebelscum because I can't find it). Allegedly he received an updated flyer from the SFX organizer at SDCC stating Hayden's cancellation and this was why he was holding off on sending out Hayden pics to suppliers. An acquaintance on TFN has also been in touch with one of the marketing dudes for SFX who also confirmed (intel from him has been spot on so far). Tem was apparently booked as Hayden's replacement, and if that is the case then the organizers have known this for a few weeks already...not nice, IMO.

Still, there is supposed to be an announcement today since today is when info is to be sent out and...nothing yet. Perhaps something is being worked out Smile
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard a rumor, but was waiting for official word. There is a possibility it may all still work out.

Woofer is monitoring the situation as well...

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Moff_D ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its official now. Check Hobbystar for the details. I'm sure it isn't the position the organizers wanted to be in but it is reality. I don't know why they say postponed though, they make it clear they don't have anything lined up in the future with him.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping it was not true, but that's the way it goes... Crying or Very sad

We're going to have fun anyway, right? Cool It's all good!

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's a shame...I know alot of people were looking forward to meeting the guy. And I like the fact that they're doing:

If you purchased a Hayden Christensen VIP package from any outlet, Fan Expo Canada will refund you the same as above, but we will honour your VIP reservation with a complimentary Deluxe Pass to the this year's Fan Expo Canada as an apology and a thank you for your support.

So no Hayden but Temuera Morrison seems like a cool guy?

Editor:
Moff_D ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Tem Morrison is a very nice guy by all accounts. He was quite pleasant to us at C4 although we weren't with him for too long. Still, I've never heard anybody say anything bad about him.

Ironically, Kim and I are now planning on adding a day and going for two days instead of one. Go figure.

The organizers seem to be handling the situation as best they can. Props to them, and condolences to your sister, Krash wink2
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very glad to see so many Rebels are wanting to come out to the event!

If I can get a list from each Base of who is coming and if you like what costumes and I can pass that along to the proper channels.

I will update the main page with a confirmed list and we can get all this rolling before the convention!

Thanks all!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: SFX 2007 August 24-26 Reply with quote

Primrodo wrote:
The stipulation is GOOD costumes and willingness to troop each day will get free admission to the event, which is as good a reason to come out as any Smile

So... if I can't get my armour together, I could still get in as Han Solo?!?!
Veton-Ni ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the event is this weekend so what's the plans???

Group photos? Meet & Greet? What times? Where? What's the deal?!

Veton-Ni
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no plans with Meet and Greets and such. The group photo was in limbo as we only had a few RL members express interest, and as the 501st one is not even set in stone, I figured we could cordinate it at the convention after everyone got there and work things out.

There has been no one stepping up to arrange these things either, and the only point in contact so far has been Krash.

For now my only suggestion is to meet at the 501st table to arrange some RL things. Due to such low RL numbers (at least of posted here) there was no way for us to get a table.

With the number we do have coming out it will be a blast, and I am sorry you feel there are no plans being made. JediXXL pointed out last page that teh group shots happen at the same time usually so when the times for the 501st photo are given we can plan to have them at the same time, just after or just before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: