Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b828aeef6cd898b34bcba2ca724ae8cfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Obi Wan ROTS Boots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi Wan Junior ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Obi Wan ROTS Boots Reply with quote

Hi all, first post here so sorry if this isnít the correct way etc!

Iím putting together an Obi Wan ROTS and am wondering if any of the good folk here either own or have seen a pair of the boots from Mask World - https://www.maskworld.com/english/products/costume-shoes/--/men--720/--121512

From what I can see the colour and shape look pretty screen accurate. The only other pair Iíve seen that come close is the ones on Etsy made by NyxaShoes that Iíve seen mentioned on here a few times - the colour seems a bit off to me and Iíve read that the laces and lace holes arenít of the best quality. They can also look a bit squashed and thin by the looks of some of the buyer photos.

So yeah, any advice kind Obi Wanners? Very Happy
Grimwalker (Derrick Billings)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also working on ROTS OWK, so let me know if you have any other questions.

The Mask World boots seem pretty legit. First I've seen them though. I've seen Nyxashoes listings on Etsy, but haven't heard any testimonials on either.

I have had people vouch for CrowProps out of Ecuador, which is where I placed my order but I won't have them in hand (on feet?) for several weeks at least. Crowprops is in the 501st, so he is presumably well aware of approval standards. (don't be fooled by the photo on the listing, 1 belt or 4 belts are both doable)

I have also heard good things about JDOS Props out of Peru.
Stellar Corona ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My episode 1 boots are JDOS. They look great, custom sized, and I got them earlier than he estimated. He's done a large variety of Jedi boots and other boots, so episode 3 shouldn't be an issue for him.
Obi Wan Junior ()

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendations guys, Iím holding fire on the boots for now as want to get the robes first Cool
Psab Keel ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mask world boots are old stock from the officially licensed boots made by Museum Replicas Limited. The quality is hit or miss on those so buyer beware. JDOS makes excellent boots. You may have to wait but his work is worth the investment.
Obi Wan Junior ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, that makes sense, they do look very good in the photo. I think Iíll try them, can always return them if theyíre not of the quality expected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: