Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d7db4449f862300fb6f7214be7aae88bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Cassian Andor jacket from Anovos and its ... delay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Bunik (Vojtech Hanzlík)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject: Cassian Andor jacket from Anovos and its ... delay Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Is there someone else who ordered this jacket from Anovos as well?
I have been waiting for it for ages. Pre-ordered and all that, but they keep delaying the release and now after two years I decided to cancel my order, but they just stopped responding...
So I am really at loss at what to do next with that. They got my cash after all.
War4u (Adam Warman)
Legion Webmaster
Legion Webmaster

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cassian Andor jacket from Anovos and its ... delay Reply with quote

Black Bunik wrote:
Hello everyone,

Is there someone else who ordered this jacket from Anovos as well?
I have been waiting for it for ages. Pre-ordered and all that, but they keep delaying the release and now after two years I decided to cancel my order, but they just stopped responding...
So I am really at loss at what to do next with that. They got my cash after all.

I had heard that this was going to be coming and it looks like they have updated their terms and conditions.

All sales are final.

Prices for products offered via ANOVOS may change at any time, and do not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.

If a product becomes unavailable following a transaction or if technical problems prevent delivery of a product, customer is eligible for a refund prior to the time a product ships in the form of store credit.

https://www.anovos.com/pages/terms-and-conditions
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is quite illegal though. They take your money and then they do not deliver the goods.
If it was here in CZ, I would be protected by our laws that forbid this and it does not matter what their terms and conditions are.

They told me they postponed it to the winter of 2019 so the deadline is now March 2020.

That is quite ridiculous and upsetting. Especially since they are working on other projects in the meanwhile.

If they do not reply I'll try to write our ministry if there is anything they can do in such cases, but I highly doubt it.
War4u (Adam Warman)
Legion Webmaster
Legion Webmaster

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Bunik wrote:
That is quite illegal though. They take your money and then they do not deliver the goods.
If it was here in CZ, I would be protected by our laws that forbid this and it does not matter what their terms and conditions are.

They told me they postponed it to the winter of 2019 so the deadline is now March 2020.

That is quite ridiculous and upsetting. Especially since they are working on other projects in the meanwhile.

If they do not reply I'll try to write our ministry if there is anything they can do in such cases, but I highly doubt it.

I pre-ordered a first order TK and after many missed deadlines asked for a refund and it took about 2 months of constantly contacting them and they lied to me over and over again. I started documenting everything but did finally get my refund. Good luck, I hope you have some success, I definitely suggest documenting every phone call, email or direct message.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely do so. I have all the communication and receipts archived. And god I will never recommend their services to anyone.
FallenJedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jacket looks great and I had it pre-ordered but cancelled after they missed the first delivery date. I kinda had regrets because I like the jacket but don't have much faith they can deliver. It's sad they still haven't fulfilled these orders. Crying or Very sad It seems refunds take many month to process if they happen at all.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this, hope you get your cash back.

The magnoli one is good if you are thinking of looking else where.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Anovos policy change only affects orders placed after the date the new policy went into effect (I think this was in April 2019?). Previous orders would, legally, fall under the policies in effect at the time the product was ordered.

That said, I cancelled my order for this jacket, which I had placed days after it was first announced, shortly after the most recent postponement. I no longer have any faith that they will deliver it.

I gave them a month (the time they said the cancellation refund would take) to refund my money, and when they hadn't by that time, I immediately filed a claim with my credit card company. Needless to say, they found in my favor and my credit card credited me within a day or two, and finalized it shortly thereafter. Note that if you wait too long, though, they'll decide you didn't pursue your right adequately, and may not help you out.

Personally, I'd recommend canceling, and like me, filing a claim a month later if you don't have a refund. Once you're confirmed refunded by the credit card company, order yours from Magnoli instead.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry this happened- Anovos has been a hot mess. I think they bit off way more than they could chew. :/

Kalani has given you excellent advice regarding the credit card company. If you used PayPal, they have similar protections I believe.

Of the reliable off the rack options available right now, Magnoli is the best. They do beautiful work. Some of the less expensive options can also be modded to meet the standards. If you are still interested making a Cassian and want feedback on anything before buying post a link up, and we can give you some idea of what would need to be done
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: