Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=adeb0a8759c0305405172fcddfcb8bd7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

6/7/19-6/9/19-All Star Comic Con, Tysons Corner, VA

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (3)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
midichlorianloriFri May 24, 2019 12:10 pm
treblemakerMon May 27, 2019 1:21 pm
StardustScavengerTue Jun 04, 2019 3:34 pm
User Registered Confirmed
integrityoftheimpossibleFri Jun 07, 2019 12:26 am
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: 6/7/19-6/9/19-All Star Comic Con, Tysons Corner, VA
Event starting Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:00 pm for 2 days

All Star Comic Con Information

This year All Star Comic Con wanted one person to head the Star Wars Village, they asked Anna Mitchell to take it on so she is the main POC.
There will be no panels at ALL-STAR and they have limited space so they are only offering a limited amount of badges

Each club is allotted 2 free vendor badges as well as 2 50% discounted vendor badges.  Any additional badges they will set up a code for 20% off. Only vendor passes will grant folks access to the Friday night event.

We understand that this is not a lot of tickets for this con, but there will be members from all three groups in attendance so we are splitting the table for Recruitment and Photo ops.

If you are wanting to go with one of the 2 weekend badges you WILL BE REQUIRED to work at least 50% of the day at the con at the table. NO EXCEPTIONS.

If you are getting one of the 2 50% discount tickets we REQUEST that you work at least 3 hours at the table each day.

The table setup will be for all 3 groups. Rebel Legion, 501st and Mando Mercs.

Set-Up
We are allowed to set up Thursday, June 6 at 5pm as well as June 7 from 7am-3pm.  All tables must be ready by 4pm on Friday

Joint Photo Op
Due to space issues, we will do a joint photo op.

Blast-A-Trooper
This year they have moved Blast a trooper upstairs so it’s not as far away and isolated as before.  I’ll have more details on locations. All proceeds benefit their charity Arc of Loudoun.
Since a lot of the duties i.e. Blast a Trooper and Photo ops can be joint efforts combined into one spreadsheet.

If you are in different clubs, and want to split duties, please just sign up twice and make sure to put your affiliation in parenthesis after your name to show which club you’re volunteering for. This probably be the most confusing part, but we’ll reconfirm duties/affiliation when you check in for your shift.

Please only sign up if you are willing to meet the requirements for being at the table.
If you have questions, please contact Anna Mitchell through Facebook or the GT boards if you are a joint member.

PLEASE SIGN UP HERE USING THIS LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iRiQ_np0VGeaoHYvhISdz9SlXs1dXOmpNgpgPfeA9IU/edit?usp=sharing

Joel Webne

Last edited by Shivannd (Joel Webne) on Fri May 24, 2019 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
midichlorianlori (Lori Frye)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that we don't have anyone signed up for this at all yet. I will go ahead and volunteer to work the table for half the day Saturday and Sunday, and would like to request one of the RL free badges. I am signing up for shifts accordingly. I will work half the day at the table in a RL shirt and costume as Ackbar for an additional couple of hours each day.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem with the registration poll- you can't select both Saturday and Sunday - it only lets you select one or the other. I will attend for RL both days.

Also, the spreadsheet won't let you say you'll be there for clean-up either day- it says it is a protected cell.
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've signed up to work the table pretty much all day Saturday, I'd like to request one of the club passes. I can hand it off for someone working Sunday.

I can also do set-up on Friday if anyone has tablerunners/etc we can use for this event?

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Table set-up may be more complicated than usual, since the table is shared by RL, 501 and MM. Has anyone figured out a plan for the table yet to incorporate all three clubs' materials without overemphasizing one club?

I have banner and I think a table runner for RL, and I have banners/table runners for 501st, but ideally, if someone has it, joint display materials would be best.

Does anyone have any joint legions promo material? I've posted the question over on the GT board as well.
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have are business cards for the Rebel Legion and some small signs to promote where to find our base online. I'll also be bringing a sign up sheet for interested potential recruits.

I haven't heard anything about the overall setup plan.

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
StardustScavenger ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm available Saturday start until 4pm. Let me know if anyone needs help Thursday for setup.
integrityoftheimpossible (Katherine)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the area with Ghost base, but I can be there Saturday and Sunday with General Leia for whatever's needed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: