Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=02b9e551b131dc15549b991027016a87Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TFA/TLJ Luke WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTCorvus ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: TFA/TLJ Luke WIP Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

This is Tom Newman from Fairfield Ca. Many of you know me as the red and black Mando with the silver wing on his backplate from the Wolves of Mandalore or as Darth Nihilus from GGG. I’m working on a TFA/TLJ Luke Skywalker. I just have a few pieces to finish up and I should be ready to go. On the current list of make/fixes/gets are;
•Shirt
•Belt
•Obi
•Glove
•Cyborg Hand

Here is a pic of me in what I have of the costume so far and of the belt buckle I made (according to the CRL’s on the forum) from aluminum. The belt in the pic is not going to be used, it’s the wrong size.

Here is my first steps into a larger world.

Belt Buckle

Here I am wearing the parts that I have so far the Cloak, Robe & Tabard. What isn’t shown is the pants and boots with wraps, which I was wearing when I took this picture.

My Beard does grow in salt and pepper, mainly salt.

Spent the day yesterday working on the items need to be worked on. I got the shirt and belt done. I was able to mod the glove to fit correctly and use until I get a better one. I still have to weather the belt and belt buckle, add the lightsaber clip and make a new pouch, since the one I have currently is too small in comparison to the new belt. At the moment I am good to go for a shakedown dry run at SacAnime this next Sat for the Star Wars Gathering/Photoshoot.

Shirt

Belt

Test fit

Pay no attention to the lounge wear and fluffy slippers.
501st GGG - SL 13770
DTCorvus ()

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Belt Reply with quote

Added the OT lightsaber clip which I made from the same aluminum that I made the buckle from. Plus I weathered the whole belt.

501st GGG - SL 13770
DTCorvus ()

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago I attended SacAnime in my Luke costume as a shakedown run. I had a few things that I already knew that I needed to fix before and after walking around at the Sacramento Convention Center I have a few more. Before I event left my room at the hotel I had a costume failure that needs to addressed in the fix, the zipper on my boots completely failed. I was able to safely pin them so I would be able to use them but it really sucks. Other then that the fit and comfort of the costume is great.

Now I talked to Endor Bases members liaison about what I need to do while at SacAnime and from what I have seen in the response to my WIP threads. Here they are;

•Darken my Obi and robes. Most likely I’ll use either used coffee or used tea bags, since the are just a shade or two too light.

•I need to redo the hood and get rid of the seam down the middle.

•New glove. The one I was using was a cheap vinyl glove and it didn’t last the day.

•Add badge magnets to the cloak and tabards to get the proper attachment look.

•Get my boots fixed. There is a show repair please here in Fairfield that I go to and have them put in a heavier duty zipper that matches the color of the rest of the boots.

That’s all for right now.
501st GGG - SL 13770
DTCorvus ()

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my new boots/shoes for Luke in yesterday. I’m going to cover up the dark brown elastic with some matching fabric to the base shoe that resembles the “vent” looking design. A little bit closer, I just have to get a glove, Darien my tabards and obi and fix my hood.

501st GGG - SL 13770
DTCorvus ()

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my TLJ Luke glove in today and it’s awesome. Thank you @retrorevivalprops
#starwars #tlj #thelastjedi #luke #lukeskywalker #oldmanlukeskywalker #leatherglove #leather #etsy #makershelpingmakers #starwarsthelastjedi #episode8

501st GGG - SL 13770
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: