Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=49da1fc2fab2489b27ffff9c86aeda9bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Galaxy's Edge Cast Member Costumes Revealed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Galaxy's Edge Cast Member Costumes Revealed Reply with quote

Until a detachments can be determined for individual costumes, post pics of the Galaxy's Edge cast member costumes that were revealed Tuesday night!

https://chipandco.com/new-cast-member-costume-revealed-for-star-warsgalaxys-edge-343795/

http://wdwmagic.com/attractions/star-wars-land/gallery/27feb2019-star-wars-galaxy%27s-edge-costumes.htm

https://insidethemagic.net/2019/02/galaxys-edge-cast-costumes-rb1/

There's definitely civilian wear, with some First Order, Resistance, and dare I say New Republic blue garb?

While well constructed, these these seem simpler than movie studio detail. I've read that Disney has a policy that adults can't wear costumes in the parks, but I sure am interested so see some Rebel Legion costumes next to cast members...maybe subtle costumes might work as "Disneybounding?"
ladysolo14 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an FYI, as of now, we won't be accepting cast member costumes in the RL. That could change if we see these costumes in other types of media for example "on screen" on some of the rides etc. There needs to be additional media support.
Lora Skywalker ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it's interesting to see what will be worn in the park, but park costumes tend to have little to do with what is actually done on screen and in the official media sources.

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

She/Her They/Them

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly Disney is going to allow adults to wear costumes in Galaxyís Edge, within reason of course, though I have no idea how they plan for that to work if they allow costumes in Galaxyís Edge but not the rest of the park.

Personally, Iím planning to costume but in a simple fashion, just some simple civilian wear that would fit in with the Star Wars universe, but could function in the real world, too. Probably with a few small greeblies here and there to make the clothes look more sci-fi.

If you want to make a cast member-inspired costume I say for it, do it just for fun. Iíve been slowly working on a classic Star Tours cast member costume myself, and I think that Iím going to take a crack at the Falcon ride outfit as well (the blue hoodie outfit). They canít be worn in the parks but thatís okay with me. But if you really wanted them approved by a Star Wars costuming gulls, the Imperial Outlanders would most likely accept them. And the Outlanders is a pretty great group, itís the friendliest and most inclusive Star costuming guild that Iíve seen in years. Smile

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PhantomEcho (Brian Chandler)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
Supposedly Disney is going to allow adults to wear costumes in Galaxyís Edge, within reason of course, though I have no idea how they plan for that to work if they allow costumes in Galaxyís Edge but not the rest of the park.

Personally, Iím planning to costume but in a simple fashion, just some simple civilian wear that would fit in with the Star Wars universe, but could function in the real world, too. Probably with a few small greeblies here and there to make the clothes look more sci-fi.

If you want to make a cast member-inspired costume I say for it, do it just for fun. Iíve been slowly working on a classic Star Tours cast member costume myself, and I think that Iím going to take a crack at the Falcon ride outfit as well (the blue hoodie outfit). They canít be worn in the parks but thatís okay with me. But if you really wanted them approved by a Star Wars costuming gulls, the Imperial Outlanders would most likely accept them. And the Outlanders is a pretty great group, itís the friendliest and most inclusive Star costuming guild that Iíve seen in years. Smile

Sorry Alex I respect your opinion, however I have seen first hand where the outlanders have caused issues. I personally work with my 501st brothers and sisters, local Mandalorians, Dark Empire, and Droid Builders so that we are all as inclusive as possible. If referring to standards, we get to do amazing things because of each clubís standards that LFL allows us to do amazing things for our communities.
DFW Regional Captain 2017-Current
Kessel Base PR Officer 2018-Current
Rebel Legion Social Media Team 2019-2020
Coaxium Clan Chief 2019-2020

501st: DZ-75048
Krayt Clan PR Officer 2019-2020
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:

Looks like they're going with their regular Disney dress rules in all areas of the park, including Galaxy's Edge. This even means that some wearable items sold in Galaxy's Edge will not be able to be with in the park (Stormtrooper helmets, etc).

Quote:
"We believe that our current costume policy allows a lot of Disney bounding and opportunity to come and live your story,Ē Disneyland Vice President Kris Theiler

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/28/disneyland-wont-loosen-costume-policy-for-star-wars-galaxys-edge/
ardavenport (Anne Davenport)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kievan Mereel wrote:

Looks like they're going with their regular Disney dress rules in all areas of the park, including Galaxy's Edge. This even means that some wearable items sold in Galaxy's Edge will not be able to be with in the park (Stormtrooper helmets, etc).

I would be very reluctant to costume in a Disney park because I don't want anyone to think that I work there. Aside from that, there are ways to 'cosplay' without 'costuming' for Star Wars. When you look at Star Wars, you want to avoid clothing items that are NOT in the movies/TV/whatever, such as:

-- t-shirts, either long or short sleeves
-- polo shirts, either long or short sleeves
-- jeans
-- shorts
-- short skirts
-- socks
-- any brand name or logo
-- obvious buttons
-- tongue buckles
-- shoe laces
-- ordinary-looking glasses
-- backpacks
-- fanny packs

I'm sure there are more, but the idea is to avoid any distinctive and terrestrial styles. Most Star Wars costumes are made of plain fabrics, too. So, it's not hard to find things.

Your focus determines who you are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: