Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cfbc877982ed3d7862d0596c5006396bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Poe Dameron EPIX:TROS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Sequel Trilogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainTightpantsCosplay ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Poe Dameron EPIX:TROS Reply with quote

I don't believe anyone has gotten anything kicked off here yet. But, I'd like to get a conversation started re: Poe Dameron in Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker.

Here are all the of the reference photos I have compiled

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initial observations

Boots:
The boots are brown, equestrian style boots. Similar to the Han TFA boots. Maybe an ankle relief zipper or detail

Shirt:
The shirt looks to be a natural color cotton or linen, has front patch pockets and a placket and mandarin collar. The placket extends the full length of the shirt front. There is a chevron-shaped detail on the sleeves. The front pockets have flaps with a rectangular detail in the center (maybe a hidden button or snap)

Pants:
The pants appear to be a similar utility style trouser as the TLJ trousers. The may be a lighter olive tan rather than an olive brown. Iím not sure if there is a font patch pocket or not. One notable difference is that they appear not to have the riding seam/reinforced saddle patch. They do, however, have back pockets with flaps and/or a rectangular detail at the top. There appears to be knee reinforcement and a seam above the boot in the back

Scarf:
Poe appear to wear an olive and black patterned shemagh style scarf.

Gloves:
Poe has brown gloves with a Velcro closure at the wrist. The glove appears to be leather and nylon.

Bandoleer:
Poe has a bandoleer with three khaki/olive canvas pouches on a leather strap ending in a khaki/olive canvas bag. The pouches are on a canvas strap piece that connects to the leather part of the bandolier. The bag has a leather detail piece on the flap.

Belt:
Poe wears a brown belt with rectangular belt buckle similar to the one he wore in tlj

Gun belt: Poe wears a separate gun belt with a holster. The holster appears similar in construction to the TLJ holster except the holster is attached to a drop yoke. There is an over belt on top of the main gun belt with three oval sliders. The holster leg strap splits in two where it connects to the holster

Last edited by CaptainTightpantsCosplay () on Wed May 22, 2019 3:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
BroadSword (Marcus)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iíve gathered the same photos. From what i can tell, the rectangular
detail on the short sleeves do not appear to be pockets. They look like they go all the way to the shoulder seam.

I canít tell for sure where the front placket ends, but if itís similar to most Poe/Han/Cassian style shirts, probably mid torso.

Agree on all other points on the shirt.

Pants do look lighter than previous versions. Maybe even a taupe color, as always, lighting always plays a part.

Boots do seem to be TFA Han style. However, there may possibly be a zipper but not all the way up.

Need more references though.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroadSword wrote:
Iíve gathered the same photos. From what i can tell, the rectangular
detail on the short sleeves do not appear to be pockets. They look like they go all the way to the shoulder seam.

Agreed on the sleeve detail, edited above.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bandoleer pouches may be or are very similar to vintage Soviet grenade pouches.

BroadSword (Marcus)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainTightpantsCosplay wrote:
The bandoleer pouches may be or are very similar to vintage Soviet grenade pouches.

The fittings would need to be changed. They look like a leather tab to a post on the bottom of the pouch. Mosin Nagant ammo pouches might work too. Just not sure if the dimensions of either the grenade or mosin pouches
BroadSword (Marcus)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the gloves possibly look OD green and black at all??
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BroadSword"]
CaptainTightpantsCosplay wrote:

The fittings would need to be changed. They look like a leather tab to a post on the bottom of the pouch. Mosin Nagant ammo pouches might work too. Just not sure if the dimensions of either the grenade or mosin pouches

Oh for sure. I feel like the designers love to kit bash the surplus stuff. I picked up a few of these. I'll see how the look and may make the fastener edits
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroadSword wrote:
Do the gloves possibly look OD green and black at all??

Absolutely. They could be OD green and black, OD green and brown, tan and black, or tan and brown! No way to quite tell yet!
BroadSword (Marcus)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on those being Highlander Special Ops gloves. Some close-ups show an arched design on the top of the hand that don't see on the Highlander gloves. The wrist strap looks pretty close though.

kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boots are tall, but not TFA Han-style, aside from that they're both "tall brown leather boots". Very different boot, other than those two aspects. There is an ankle relief zipper, covered by a leather flap.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its great everyone has started sourcing, but bear in mind costumes won't be fully approved before the film comes out. I think base clearance, was being discussed as something for the premiere.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95306

From the still of rose its possible its could be a generic costumes with a few differences...

kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:
From the still of rose its possible its could be a generic costumes with a few differences...

There are significant differences between Rose's shirt and Poe's. Just looking at the chest pockets, Poe's are straight across with some sort of little extra flap in the center, while Rose's a chevron shaped (slightly asymmetrical?), without the little extra tab.

Poe's shirt has a panel that comes down the arm off the shoulder. Harder to see on Rose's, as it's partially blocked, it doesn't look to be like it has that same top panel.

There may turn out to be other costumes that are more generic (or even that match these... although that's uncommon), but Rose and Poe definitely have different shirts. Just a someone similar color. (Rose's also looks darker, but hard to tell due to lighting)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The style of the outfit, with the shirt, belt and gloves........I can see they are different.
Mawee ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I can start paying someone to get the costume. Just glad I love Poe. It seem to be the only character I want to be lol donít have patients. Lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Sequel Trilogy All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: