Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7199dd55e0220d402b238777339d1abfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello there!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Devaron Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrg149 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Hello there! Reply with quote

Greetings exalted one(s)! Just joined the forum and poking around to get the lay of the (Garden State) land. How many of you are up in north NJ? I'm looking forward to learning more!

MTFBWY Ben
JancerRav (Lindsay Miller)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello there! Reply with quote

mrg149 wrote:
Greetings exalted one(s)! Just joined the forum and poking around to get the lay of the (Garden State) land. How many of you are up in north NJ? I'm looking forward to learning more!

MTFBWY Ben

There are plenty of us in North Jersey...I'm in Pompton Lakes myself...don't know if I could fully estimate the numbers of RL and 501sters in North Jersey off the top of my head though.
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello there! Reply with quote

JancerRav wrote:
mrg149 wrote:

MTFBWY Ben

There are plenty of us in North Jersey...I'm in Pompton Lakes myself...don't know if I could fully estimate the numbers of RL and 501sters in North Jersey off the top of my head though.

Hawthorne here...just looking to make a few more "like-minded" friends and possibly get into doing some RL stuff.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello there! Reply with quote

mrg149 wrote:
JancerRav wrote:
mrg149 wrote:

MTFBWY Ben

Hawthorne here...just looking to make a few more "like-minded" friends and possibly get into doing some RL stuff.

I would suggest making an account at http://www.501stner.com/members/index.php?act=home too, even if you’re more interested in the rebel side of things. A lot of the membership overlaps, and works together. Following devaron base on Facebook as well as NER might give you a heads up for upcoming events that you could offer to spot (assist out of costume) for and make connections and get advice.
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt! While I am now located in Rahway, I am from Nutley born and raised haha.

I would echo what Lindsay said. These forums are a bit.... difficult to navigate lol. Definitely sign up on the NER boards as well, and we can add you to our member Facebook group once you become approved with a costume.

What character(s) are you interested in building?
Looking forward to seeing you join our base! Smile
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello there! Reply with quote

JancerRav wrote:
mrg149 wrote:
JancerRav wrote:
mrg149 wrote:

MTFBWY Ben

I would suggest making an account at http://www.501stner.com/members/index.php?act=home too, even if you’re more interested in the rebel side of things. A lot of the membership overlaps, and works together. Following devaron base on Facebook as well as NER might give you a heads up for upcoming events that you could offer to spot (assist out of costume) for and make connections and get advice.

I will definitely do that...I do have a blue AND red lightsaber after all Wink
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlamariegiac wrote:
Hi Matt! While I am now located in Rahway, I am from Nutley born and raised haha.

I would echo what Lindsay said. These forums are a bit.... difficult to navigate lol. Definitely sign up on the NER boards as well, and we can add you to our member Facebook group once you become approved with a costume.

What character(s) are you interested in building?
Looking forward to seeing you join our base! Smile

The costume thing may take some time (rather expensive hobby...lol) but I will do what I can for the cause Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, it's a third club, but note that Saberguild NJ holds lightsaber choreography classes in Rahway on Tuesday evenings and the NY group in Pleasantville NY on Friday evenings. These are open to all though occasionally classes are focused on preparing members with costumes for upcoming shows. Class schedules can be followed on the Saberguild Corellia and Saberguild Empire Temple facebook groups.
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JancerRav wrote:
Also, it's a third club, but note that Saberguild NJ holds lightsaber choreography classes in Rahway on Tuesday evenings and the NY group in Pleasantville NY on Friday evenings. These are open to all though occasionally classes are focused on preparing members with costumes for upcoming shows. Class schedules can be followed on the Saberguild Corellia and Saberguild Empire Temple facebook groups.

I so want to do that but it's a bit of a hike and an hour-long drive on the Parkway. Makes it a rough morning as a teacher...Sometimes Caff is not enough.
michmalo (Michael Maloney)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I'm in Rutherford.
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michmalo wrote:
Welcome! I'm in Rutherford.

*waves*
RedheadFangirl (Laverne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello there! Reply with quote

mrg149 wrote:

MTFBWY Ben

Hello- we are in the first year of our official base, and already have 50 members! We are spread out across state!

-Laverne
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hello there! Reply with quote

RedheadFangirl wrote:
mrg149 wrote:

MTFBWY Ben

Hello- we are in the first year of our official base, and already have 50 members! We are spread out across state!

-Laverne

Hopefully I can get a costume up and running so I can join in. If there is anything else I can do to help in the meantime, let me know. Music Teacher by trade with various other skills to offer.
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the yearly events that this base participates in?
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrg149 wrote:
What are the yearly events that this base participates in?

We have a ton of events all throughout the year and work very closely with our local 501st Legion chapter The Northeast Remnant Garrison. A majority of us are actually dual members so we staff a lot of requests from library events to hospital visits and conventions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Devaron Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: