Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6b30b59de130fdee418dbb0d3dd829efMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Y-Wing CRL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Y-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dekard ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:28 am    Post subject: Y-Wing CRL Reply with quote

So.. this seems to be the current Y-Wing CRL?

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/x-wing-pilot-episode-iv-vi-y-wing-pilot-episode-iv/

It's literally doesn't have much info for Y-wing info.. and I'm seeing and hearing tons of people having issues with approvals for x-wing, and other costumes and people in the 'approval' positions adding their own details that are not in the specific CRLs.. so what is the mark to hit.

Is it written down? Can you point me too it?
Lord Grant ()
Lothal Base XO
Lothal Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Y-Wing CRL Reply with quote

Dekard wrote:
So.. this seems to be the current Y-Wing CRL?

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/x-wing-pilot-episode-iv-vi-y-wing-pilot-episode-iv/

It's literally doesn't have much info for Y-wing info.. and I'm seeing and hearing tons of people having issues with approvals for x-wing, and other costumes and people in the 'approval' positions adding their own details that are not in the specific CRLs.. so what is the mark to hit.

Is it written down? Can you point me too it?

Your link is the ANH version of the Y-Wing, which is exactly the same as the X-wing.

The grey ROTJ version Costume Standard can be found here:

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/y-wing-pilot-episode-vi/

BUT sad to say but the Y-Wing costume standard is FALSE as the jumpsuit has ONLY a left arm pocket ond NO right arm one....
Dekard ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CRL is all over the place, much like many of them. Is there a person I can contact?

There is a required commpad but no mention of it on the flightsuit. Also, as you pointed out it states a pocket on each shoulder..

Also on the bottom of the link you provided it tells you this is a 'guide' and not inclusive of required elements.

So.. is there another place, you can find the required elements as it's not fair to judge unknown elements that are required based on some nebulous requirement that isn't in black and white and can be judged harshly or lenient on how that persons day went...

And then link to the LCJ listing goes to a topic that does not exist... why wouldn't it..
Dekard ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also looks like different (option) of gaiters..
Lord Grant ()
Lothal Base XO
Lothal Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dekard wrote:
Also looks like different (option) of gaiters..

I do not know this pic, but HeroTrcX.de used pics from this book:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1072668#1072668
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pic is from the booklet that came with the miniature helmet, Deagostini or something like that. I have an album (it is stickied to the Y wing forum) with every picture I have been able to find. it covers all aspects of the outfit. I have not seen any other pics that are not in the album, and if anyone has some, PLEASE let me know
Lord Grant ()
Lothal Base XO
Lothal Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtyler3 wrote:
This pic is from the booklet that came with the miniature helmet, Deagostini or something like that. I have an album (it is stickied to the Y wing forum) with every picture I have been able to find. it covers all aspects of the outfit. I have not seen any other pics that are not in the album, and if anyone has some, PLEASE let me know

I only know that all of the - A+B+Y_Wing pilots - use TAN geitors in ROTJ and I hav never before seen one with black ones, but I just got feedback from within our HeroTecX.de crew and if you want we can make you black geitors for the same price as the tan ones Wink

This should be answered by one of the Costume judges (which I am not Wink )
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those gaiters just look like some weird Photoshopping to me. It looks like someone who was working on the image selected the gaiters and accidentally desaturated them, removing the color. If you look closely at the gaiters in the picture you can see little spots of tan that weren't selected when the image was being edited.

And that picture is a pre-production shot, too. In the movie the harness doesn't have the excess straps hanging that long, and look at his feet... It looks like his "boots" are dress shoes, they have laces on them. Razz

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ywingfighter (Frank)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interessting what boots he had, not the typical Jack boots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Y-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: