Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a733dee927bd150afbc05499d2b66af4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TLJ Transport Pilots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TLJ Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobaFiend (Austin)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: TLJ Transport Pilots Reply with quote

I'm in the process of building a Transport pilot from TLJ and I'm curious if there are plans to create a CRL for this costume.

Unlike the A-Wing or Bombardier pilots, who have standard uniforms consistent with their roles, the transport pilots feature a mashup of costume pieces. This mish-mash of Resistance equiptment includes:

-Ground crew coveralls (Rose Tico style)
-Bombardier flak vest
-X-wing chestbox
-Leather holsters

Since the idea of this role is that the Resistance is so undermanned that anyone who could fly a shuttle was assigned that duty, how much variance in costume pieces will be allowed for a generic character submission?

For example I'd like to wear X-wing style mucker boots rather than jackboots. The ground crew coveralls include a hood, but if it's tucked under a flak vest is it okay to exlclude it and opt for a bombardier style mandarin collar?

What are the thoughts on unique or optional gear? Is all of this conjecture pointless since there are few images of the back of these costumes?

Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I'm working on this too. I made a Resistance Technician. The same coveralls, boots, belt with a headset. So this minus the vest/chest box/hose, helmet and gloves.Now I'm hoping to add the pieces to make it a transport pilot. The long vest is basically the bomber vest. Just a few things I noticed. One strap on the left shoulder is red and it appears that there is a grommet on the side. Here's my mane reference pic for those things. The other parts I've been using the references for bombers and the male A-Wing pilot. Have you made much progress? I have a ton of resources for the coveralls, boots, belt and etc I'm happy to share (I also have a WIP in the RAID detachment forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TLJ Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: