Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1d5a531d62d19593b38818ac8538cc47Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP - Iden Versio X-Wing Pilot - RebelScumDani

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelScumDani (Danielle Phillips)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: WIP - Iden Versio X-Wing Pilot - RebelScumDani Reply with quote

I have the full Inferno Squad parts to build, but ran out of time before Celebration. As a consolation prize, I am working to crank out Rebel Iden before SWCC, so I figured I might as well kick off a WIP thread.

Chose to go the Amazon/RedKap coverall method, which isn't a terrible start. I will likely change out a grey sweater instead of the tshirt feel, but that'll be post-celebration:

This past weekend, I was able to knock out the back pouch, the ejection harness, and the leg flare holder:

I lucked out by finding a pair of vintage military jackboots in my size, so I'm quite pleased with those.

I was able to model the custom buckles and had a friend print them up for me:

I am hoping the progress will happen quickly & smoothly this week. The coverall pocket mods needed for accuracy are at the bottom of the to-do list. If time doesn't allow for them, those will be pushed to post-Celebration, as I think they look okay as-is for just a con.

Any feedback is welcome. Looking forward to portraying this fun character!
Mae ()

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following this! I'm trying to get an Iden done as well before July... may have bitten off more than I can chew but I love a challenge!

How do you plan on doing the back plate? I've been trying to figure out what it needs to look like for the droid to attach to it.

Great job so far! Can't wait to see the rest of your progress!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mae wrote:
Following this! I'm trying to get an Iden done as well before July... may have bitten off more than I can chew but I love a challenge!

How do you plan on doing the back plate? I've been trying to figure out what it needs to look like for the droid to attach to it.

Great job so far! Can't wait to see the rest of your progress!

Thank you so much!! I am using worbla over foam for my backplate. Regarding what it looks like, I have found the photos from other Idens in the "Alternative Inferno Squad" on Facebook to be EXTREMELY helpful, so I highly recommend joining over there too! Smile

Good luck with your build.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you've got a good start so far. Good luck and have fun with the build. Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - Former RLSC Costume Judge - RL Pilot Costume Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished up the front badge and backplate last night (the backplate got one more coat of plastidip after this picture, so disregard the imperfections there, and my messy sewing room Razz ). Worbla worked like a dream! I’m glad it seems to be going so smoothly. Mr. Green

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
Looks like you've got a good start so far. Good luck and have fun with the build. Smile

Thank you so much! I'm super excited for this one. She's been on the build list for a while!! Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Submitted this weekend!

Now we wait... X-Wing 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: