Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e45afaa48e287061a6ff77c52beeb1b7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My Chewie, just finished.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mojofarian ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject: My Chewie, just finished. Reply with quote

So I finally finished my Chewbacca and when I take the correct photos I'll be submitting for approval. It was a long hard process. Much of the I formation is either scattered or not out there. Some of the info is just plain out of date. I'll help people as I can with the lessons I've learned. I didnt have anyone to guide me or really help with the process.
A few quick things.. I used the kankelon 48" braid. The main hair is 27 and 6 the dark hair is 44, 4. The mesh suit was made by my wife. We found the mesh at Joanne fabric. I made a 4"×6" hackle to straighten and mix the hair. Then I latch hooked the hair to the suit. That had a learning curve.
The mask I bought used. It's an old wookiee workshop mask, or so I'm told. That was a portion I wasn't ready to tackle yet.
I started with the idea to use kiss boots but changed to stilts for extra height.
For the bandioler I bought a kodiak hide from Tandy. With some guidance I was able to design and cut the bag and the belts. I then bought some sheet aluminum and made the large boxes. The small boxes are currently wood with bondo and paint. I'll upgrade those later.
If I can figure out how to post my pics I'll add them then I'll add a copy of my submission photos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: