Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f151fc0a5cf97b758e4ee3601b01808bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Leia Comic # 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crochetleia ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject: Jedi Leia Comic # 12 Reply with quote

I put this costume together recently and just had the idea I might be able to get it approved. I wanted to see if I need to make any changes before I send it in. I have read the CRL, but some of it is very vague and being a comic costume the details change from panel to panel, sometimes in the same page. The belt is a major question for me. Should it be made basically like the senatorial belt, just with silver leather instead of white? That is how the CRL reads to me, but I don't want to be completely incorrect. The belt I am using is an old one I had from a ceremonial Leia I made for fun years ago. Also, the yoke on the dress and the shape of the arm patches is widely varied. I need to make my sleeves longer for sure. Any thoughts by the judges would be appreciated.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/341692229360888/?multi_permalinks=974604449402993&notif_id=1553117794950024&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, because I don't do any Leia costumes, but I think you need to post this in this section:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=687

There might be a local Leia who can help, but generally the people in the individual character costume forums can help more and this post is more likely be seen there.

Good luck, and may the Force be with you.
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray
crochetleia ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I put the question on that forum as well. I just thought I would try here because I know that there can be slight differences from base to base on what is approved. I have seen a few different ladies get this costume approved in different bases and they were all a little different so I was wondering what the people who would be judging for Kessel base would approve.
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crochetleia wrote:
Thanks for the response. I put the question on that forum as well. I just thought I would try here because I know that there can be slight differences from base to base on what is approved. I have seen a few different ladies get this costume approved in different bases and they were all a little different so I was wondering what the people who would be judging for Kessel base would approve.

Ah. Gotcha.

Good luck, sis! Wink
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: