About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=496574efc0be3b7f9a64f26318cd6857Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

PACIFIC NATIONAL EXHIBITION - STAR WARS DAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haru Windsong ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: PACIFIC NATIONAL EXHIBITION - STAR WARS DAY Reply with quote

I need help spreading the word. The Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver, BC has designated Sunday, 26 Aug 07 as Star Wars day. In fact, the 501st and Rebel Legion have been assigned the honour of Grand Marshall for the two parades held on the Exhibition grounds that day.

I need costumers! Only eight BC members have thus far signed on, and all of them are from Vancouver Island?! (Something wrong with this picture)

We already have a Darth Vader and a Luke, plus Jedi and a couple of troopers. We desperately require the following:

Leia
Padme
Obi-wan
Palpatine (pre or post Revenge)
Han Solo
Droids --- if available
Ewoks, Sandpeople, Jawas, bounty hunters are all welcome as long as they are “canon” figures (those the general public will recognize from the
movies)
Stormtroopers - if you're playing both sides of the universe
Imperial officers
Rebels

The more the merrier. If you have anyone willing to come up to troop at the PNE, PLEASE have them contact me through the Victoria, BC boards ASAP. I need numbers no later than end July so I can work out food and re-hydration details, not to mention parking, with the organizers. Children are welcome, as long as they are in costume.

Should there be any difficulties in contacting me through the boards, I am willing to share my personal e-mail address on the limited basis with a singular contact point. Mary Franklin has been apprised and is looking forward to an article, plus photos for Bantha Tracks, so if there are any budding/experienced journalists out there, PLEASE come too. Thanks.

M.T.F.B.W.Y.

Cary A. Conder
aka Jedi Haru Windsong (Rouge Squadron)

From the desk of a trained quiller
Sister Sola ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be out of town cheering a friend on at Iron Man that day.

I will see if any VCon/BC RenFest folks can make it (a small few of them have SW costumes).
macmcseboy ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we dead in here... THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO TROOP! Big venue! Big Publicity! Huge possibilities here! C'mon let's make this look good. we here on the left coast need to band together! 501st and RL... I wanna see some action here and not just from the island folks... where are the mainlanders!
merrick_stoller ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish i could. I was born and raised in Surrey, B.C. and have very fond memories of Mom taking me to the P.N.E. when i was little and this is just the kind of troop i would LOVE to do. but alas i'm stuck here in Springfield, MO and don't see me coming home anytime soon. (unless i move back) hmmmmm
macmcseboy ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon folks... I know you are all out there.. Come tr00p with us! Don't be shy. We need numbers!
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I wasn't In Alberta sure thing.!

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
macmcseboy ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have extended an invitation to Alpha Base, our brothers to the south in the hope of boosting the numbers.

I have one non member willing to wear a bucket and armor, provided someone respond to an email.

I may have one extra non member for inclusion depending on costume fit.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Love to help you out with My wife as a Jedi and I am Old Ben. But sorry to say we do not have the funds for gas and hotel and may not be able to get off work for Monday after Sad

I do wish you luck for a great event and a fun day Smile

Keith
JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem with the Monday...can't take more time off work as I leave later that same week for Dragon*Con.
Haru Windsong ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: PNE PARADE Reply with quote

The parade is on the Sunday. There are actually two: one is in the afternoon, the second in the evening. We're going to receive coupons for food, water for rehydration and permission to hand out flyers (which I've generated and will print) to advertise the RL and 501st. Presently we only have bodies for the afternoon parade, which is a genuine shame.
If you have any friends who might be interested in helping out but lack costumes, please direct them our way. I have at least one more costume to loan out (Ladies 12-16, 5'6" - 5'9" --- should have own boots).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: