Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6127e56f7e5ecc3a11d435a54164bd7cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP General Kenobi TCW Season 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Crazy Hair ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: WIP General Kenobi TCW Season 5 Reply with quote

I'm looking to create a General Kenobi. I'm trying to find out what fabric each piece needs to be made out of.

I'm also searching for help on finding the boots, belt, and the belt boxes.

I'm sourcing the forearms from ImperialSurplus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
General_HighGround (Chris)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey friend, have you checked out the CRL by chance? I know its kind of vague, but most of the physical measurements can be taken from the Anakin Ep III CRL.

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/obi-wan-kenobi-clone-wars-series-3-6/

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/anakin-skywalker-episode-iii/

Just bear in mind that the tunic, tabbard, and obi material must be made of the same fabric. The CRL states no crinkle material so Gauze probably wouldnt be best. Perhaps look at some linen, as that seems to have similar texture to what is seen in the show.

Im going to do this costume soon and for the belt I was going to get the proper widths from Tandyleather, then velcro or glue the thinner belt to the wider belt and 3d print the bowtie buckle. As long as its sanded and painted to represent source material, it shouldnt have any problem passing. Though each judge is different.

Any episode 3 style boot will work for this costume, and mine from crowprops got me passed as episode 3 Kenobi
https://crowprops.bigcartel.com/product/youn-kenobi-boot

He can make them without the straps since he does Ep 2 and Ep 3 variants.
The belt boxes require two tall rectangular pouches and a Rots style pouch. Woodman here on the forums sells the Rots pouch, and he may be able to make the other two boxes as they are pretty standard. Doesnt hurt to check Etsy either.

Costumes:
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Episode III
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: