Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9e67b7a9ba1a9d21db701118efa1bc49Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Adult Petro Inspired Generic Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dyops ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Adult Petro Inspired Generic Jedi Reply with quote

After going through a lot of canon and legendary Jedis from the original generic KOTOR Jedis to the Twi'Lek Shado Vao, I decided to do a generic Jedi BUT more of a "what if" version.

Basically, it is if Petro from the Clone Wars grew up, maybe even survived order 66. I know there is a CRL for the youngling version but since I, myself, am no longer young so obviously I do not want to look like a grown up in child's clothing. Razz

The only picture I found is a concept of him and the other younglings IF they survived and appeared in SW Rebels:

Of course there is no CRL on this so the only route I can somehow get this done is via the Generic Jedi. There are a lot of restrictions though, especially since I plan to join the Sabers Guild too once I get approved here.

One of my question is, can I do my outfit in the style of Luke in ROTJ?

Inner Tunic - Long sleeve mandarin
Outer Tunic - Sleeveless (may add hood)
Obi - as thin as allowed
Belt - Original Trilogy version (see question below)
Tabard - just a bit longer than the outer tunic and only wraps around the neck at the back

Why this style? I was thinking Petro would grow up to be a scoundrel-like Jedi, resembling Han Solo. You can sort of see it in the concept drawing. So my question about the belt: Since I'm following the OT version, can I bend the rule a bit and style it a bit like Solo? I can always make the gun holster removable to get approvals.

Even Kanan Jarrus had a gun holster:

I also want to make the colour scheme similar to Han... but more from the Solo movie. Too bad the Saber Guild only allows brown belts and boots or else I would make them black.

BTW, I already bought my lightsaber. It's a Sabertrio Skylar.

It has elements of his lightsaber in Clone Wars, which resembles Darth Vader's saber... foreshadowing?!?

So what do you think? Any suggestions for the colours of the different parts or the costume?
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem with Luke-ROTJ-As-Generic-Jedi, is the length of the "outer tunic".

a generic jedi's outer tunic must be long enough to completely cover the buttocks/crotch...
and Luke's is about 3-4 inches too short in the rear.

so basically, you would need to alter the style of the OT, so it looks more like a prequel-era OT (without the sleeves) -- similar to Luke ROTJ above the waist, but with a more pronounced skirt-portion below the waist.

(or just make it longer)

beyond that, the tabbards you describe would be accepted as-is (around the neck, a few inches longer than the OT); and the long-sleeved mandarin-collar inner-tunic would be accepted as-is.

as for the belt, a Jedi's belt sits much higher on the body, than a gunslinger's belt. the "generic" jedi belt would sit on the obi, right at the natural waist -- somewhere around the navel.

but a gunslinger's belt sits way way down low on his hips. with the gun resting on his thigh (in Han's case, the barrel reaches all the way down to his knees). a holster like this would look really awkward on a jedi belt.

(yes, Kanan had one but he doesn't fit with the "generic jedi" standards Wink hehe)

if you're working within the Generic Jedi standards, the gun holster would look more like this guy:

or this guy:

so yes, you could make a generic jedi gun holster.
but no, it wouldn't look much like Han's. Wink

cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

At least I have a start in designing my outfit. You're right about the gunslinger belt, won't make sense on a Jedi, unless it's a double belt which I would put in addition to the Jedi belt but I'm not going to think about that yet.
dyops ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]https://flic.kr/p/2feoeSn[/img]

Would this boot be acceptable

Last edited by dyops () on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dyops wrote:

Would this boot be acceptable?

yes that would be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to go with the Jedi Robes Jedi boots as the other one would have cost me 2x more than this one and I don't know if the other boots are high enough. Just played it safe and I plan to weather the Jedi Robes one darker when it arrives.

The extra money I save can go to the pants. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: