About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a38213dfb253dd5ac29bf76c902a380aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

I'm baaaaaack!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woofer (John H. VanOphem)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: I'm baaaaaack! Reply with quote

Yes, I made it over here finally.

My work schedule has finally settled down into something a bit more reasonable, and in theory I can actually consider participating in events again.

Didja miss me?

I'll still need some time to look things over, fix up my profile, add a signature, update my costume pics etc, but should do that in the next few weeks.

I'm also on Facebook if you want to see some of my pics there.

I did a small local event to celebrate the 30th Anniversary. I represented the Legion as the best looking good guy there (ok, only one) Was interviewed in a local paper and also for the This Week in Geek podcast.

On a more personal note, apart from the nasty work schedule that I had starting last fall until last May, I've also been dealing with my depression. I'm on medication now, but I'm not sure its working as well as it can. I've suffered with chronic depression since my teens, so I don't expect it to be fully solved in just a few months of popping a pill.

On the costuming front I'm considering making a new helmet, based on the real thing. I also recently discovered a few details in the paint job that are lacking on my current one. Also been researching what I call the Yavin officer costume. The one worn by Captain Antilles and most of the command staff on Yavin.

So anyone feel like filling me in on details since the last election? Thats basically when I had to step back to deal with real life and work.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man good to have you back. Things haven't really been too new round here, Alberta was able to split off into it's own base which has been pretty cool so far.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to the RL boards Woofer!

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
The Rebel Legion: Echo Base
501st Legion: Legion Events Coordinator
RAID - Fire Team Echo & KJO - Blumfruit Temple
ltcmdrtom@aol.com (Tom Kuntz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from ya John, maybe we'll get to see ya at Fan Expo & or Grape & Wine ( if it happens) .

Troop More! it's a great fix for depression!
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, since I talk to you almost everyday, you were never gone for me man! It all depends on your point of view... wink2

Glad you made it into the new forums

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marianne Solav (Marie-Claude Dion)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back! Hope to see you at an event soon. Smile

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v736/Marianne_Solav/?
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you back on the forum, glad that your work and personal life are settling down and you can get back into doing some fun RL stuff.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you back John! It's always a good thing when crazy work settles down to a manageable pace.

Best thoughts sent your way regarding dealing with depression. *hug*
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I'm a bit out of the loop with things, I really had no time to commit to worrying about RL stuff.

So I'm going to take it a bit slowly and work my way back in at a pace that works for me.

"This is Major Wes Janson, and if you're not aware of his exploits, I'm sure he'll be delighted to give you the whole story."
― Wedge Antilles
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you back John. Hope you can make it to some the upcoming events!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arsinoe ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, John!

You come back just as my life gets insane. lol ah the irony of that.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small update.

Since I posted that thread my work sched totally blew up again. We lost a co-worker to a promotion and we are short 2 people now down here. I'm doing way too much OT.

Also the medication I was taking stopped working. All the side-effects and no benefits. Switched to a new pill and that totally blew my blood pressure to hypertension levels in just a few weeks. Right now I have stopped taking anything, and I am going to insist on that for the time being so my body can recover from what I've been taking.

Hey I have 2 weeks of vacation coming up, first time in over a year, so that will help.

"This is Major Wes Janson, and if you're not aware of his exploits, I'm sure he'll be delighted to give you the whole story."
― Wedge Antilles
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a blog entry. Repeat: This is not...

Well guess what folks? After a terrible 2007 with all the medication issues and tons of OT etc etc, I am now out of a job!

Happened last week. Even though I saw it coming, when they pulled the trigger so to speak they did it fast.

It does mean I should be able to give some more time to the Legion eventually. I spent the rest of last week taking a break and thinking things over. This week is prepping for the job search, part of my severance was access to an outplacement agency. Had the first meet with them today.

It will take me some time to get back into the RL swing of things, but it is on my list, and I am certainly hoping when I get a new job it will give me enough time to actually have a social life!

― Wedge Antilles
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you lost you job, but good luck on your job search!

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
The Rebel Legion: Echo Base
501st Legion: Legion Events Coordinator
RAID - Fire Team Echo & KJO - Blumfruit Temple
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the job search.

It was great seeing you at SW:WSMI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: