Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=226d78e60b50d8a8cc7be9f67e77f547Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Yet Another Kyle Katarn WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt Vist (Lucas Vaden)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Yet Another Kyle Katarn WIP Reply with quote

Wow. Kyle Katarn seems to be really popular lately. Honestly, this is something I've wanted to do for a while but am only now getting the motivation to actually start.

I've been a fan of Kyle Katarn since the first Dark Forces games and I really love the Qu Rahn lightsaber as well as Jason Court's portrayal of Kyle from DF2. So, the plan is to make a DF2 Kyle complete with saber and bryar pistol. I'm hoping to be done by mid-summer, or sooner. I've already started on the lightsaber, and I don't imagine the rest of the costume will be too difficult to finish.

Lightsaber just needs a couple external pieces and electronics for lights.
Capt Vist (Lucas Vaden)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress update.

Shirt is nearly done. Just need to add the black strips under the arms as well as the shoulder pad. The crinkle gauze was a pain to work with, but it was worth it in the end.

Bryar pistol is also basically done. I've added most of the greeblies since this photo, including grips.

Also, trying something different with my lightsaber. Normally, I use a single LED set in the saber hilt. For this project I'm toying with LED strings in the blade itself. Loving the even consistency of illumination this gives.

Next steps are; finishing the shirt, wiring up the lightsaber, and starting on the bracers and the belt. Once all that is done, I think I'll be set. I already have a pair of black boots and variety of black pants, so it should just be a matter of choosing a pair that work best with the costume.
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing job!!!

Yours!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got the right look for him! Coming along well.
mykejr ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Looking forward to see the rest of the costume.
Capt Vist (Lucas Vaden)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates! Sorry for the long delay, folks. Real life and other projects have kept me occupied; however, I have made progress. I'm nearly done! Since my last post, I've finished the belt and the bracers. All that it left is the blaster holster and my shoulder pads (might add a droid caller too). Here are some pics of what I have at the moment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: