Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d8e14cd2f33059c6e4f410e0114af0c0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Seeking help for Padme Ripped Arena Battle Costume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowseye ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Seeking help for Padme Ripped Arena Battle Costume Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to Star Wars costuming and trying to make or buy a Padme Ripped Arena Battle costume. Could anyone offer any advice, particularly on the accessories like the boots/shin guards, arm bands, belt, and acquiring a blaster?

Many thanks,
Rebecca
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome! I've not made this costume myself, but there are a list of threads by people who have here.

They may have some of the resources you are looking for.

Usually my first stop for accessories like the blaster would be to check etsy. There are also a number of 3D models (and maybe even a Rubies blaster) of the blaster that you could print at a local library. I know the Silver Spring library has a 3D printer that is fairly inexpensive to use.

And I see you're on the other side of DC from me. If there's any local help I can give, please do send me a PM. I'll be hosting a lot of sewing days for the next few months while a bunch of local ladies work on some battle handmaiden costumes, but you're welcome to join in if you want some company while you craft.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeking help for Padme Ripped Arena Battle Costume Reply with quote

Shadowseye wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to Star Wars costuming and trying to make or buy a Padme Ripped Arena Battle costume. Could anyone offer any advice, particularly on the accessories like the boots/shin guards, arm bands, belt, and acquiring a blaster?

Echoing what Jenna said on the blaster. You can find a few decent ones on Ebay or Amazon. A quick search pulled this one up:
https://express.google.com/u/0/product/15093292516871974018_6096479260624530632_1284288?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=tu_cu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt&gtim=CJ2lgpGH5pDksQEQgLjWgs3Mhs1FGPDe4QQiA1VTRCigjLjjBTDAsU4&utm_campaign=1284288&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzcTk2Im84AIVgxh9Ch1-zQnlEAYYAiABEgKAefD_BwE

You would just need to sand and paint it, of course. Very Happy

The boots were a challenge for me and for several people. What I ended up doing was taking extra upholstery leather that I had from the boot covers and covered my boots with it. This gave me the look and color I needed to match and it also concealed my inner zipper. The covers themselves have been made of many different things by difference ladies. Some have used Worbla or Sintra and others have modified ice hockey shin guards to create the correct look.

My armbands are made of metal and attached in sections to an elastic band that goes around my arm. You may be able to recreate that effect with aluminum flashing you can purchase at Home Depot. Just make sure to sand it down so it doesn't snag on your costume!

My belt is made from a 2 inch wide belt that was then painted the correct color. The pouches are made of plastic and I have heard some have modified shampoo bottles etc to get the correct look. You may also take a look at the Rubie's pouches as I know a few ladies have used those and been approved with them.

Best of luck on your build!

PR/Social Media Team for RL Strategic Command
Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: