Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=27e82ff46f3f3e7ed1b4e12a3a207e09Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello from Charlotte

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kittykolb ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject: Hello from Charlotte Reply with quote

Hello, everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself: I live in the suburbs of Charlotte. I used to do a lot of historical costuming/reenacting. I unexpectedly found myself in need of a set of generic Jedi robes for something, and some friends told me about y'all's tutorials. I am the sort of perfectionist that if I am going to the trouble of making a costume, I want to do the best job I can. I am still wavering on whether Rebel Legion is right for me*, but every time I see people from RL and the 501st at events around town or at Dragon Con, I get serious itches to start sewing again. I have other ideas for what I'd like to do down the road, but want to start comparatively simple.

*If anyone is in the Charlotte area, I'd be happy to meet you for coffee/ice cream/pizza/whatever to talk more.
Aya-Na Bashu (Catherine Windsor)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.
pakrat77 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board. I don’t have a Jedi costume but I do a bunch of events around Charlotte with my R2.

Mike
Pamelibrarian ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, and welcome! I am in Wilmington, so a bit far for coffee, but I'm going to try to hit up some cons there this year. Maybe we'll see you there!
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I am in Cary but am happy to help field questions. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help you.

You'd mentioned tutorials and resources. In addition to the stuff on the forums, there is a Facebook group for people building generic Jedi for RL here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/412450279152900/ - and they probably also have tutorials and such that could be useful.
Dracon1s ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Indian Trail and work in Ballantyne. I'm not very active in the legion so I may not be the best person to field question but I'd be willing to if you want..
kittykolb ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, everyone! I look forward to meeting you eventually!
Obi-wansBeard (Chris)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyo!
Im in Greensboro, but troop in Charlotte pretty regularly.
I have a Generic Jedi and Im currently making an Ep3 Obi Wan, so please feel free to message me with questions regarding materials and what not.

Costumes:
Cresh Anderes - Generic Jedi
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Episode III (in progress)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: