Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0d9423301e96c845cd5893ea15d4d23dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Toda's R1 Trooper/Officer build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Toda's R1 Trooper/Officer build Reply with quote

Started my Yavin Trooper/Officer build this week..

Jacket: Ebay – Cassian Andor modified by me
Jacket greeblie badge by
Trousers: Chocolate brown BDUs
Shirt: Khaki bibbed shirt modified by me (in progress)
Belt: Olive PLCE belt with roll-pin buckle and energy pellets on side
Boots: Brown leather chelsea boots with zipper and leather anklets (being made by Rusty Knuckles)
Rank Badge: Lieutenant/Commander (Officer Only) - needed
Optional: A180 pistol with holster (Officer Only) - needed

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tSGsjQDuZ6Dz76AH7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wN27Fqewtytmr3bK6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UantQvmpDFpWZ8P99

Some close up of the communication badge. I was worried it wouldn't fit, but it actually does. I will probably add velcro to the jacket and back of the badge so it stays in place though.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/w9yDL588QAdYYZML7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1wg5Zgbak5gchEHk7

I am relatively happy with the belt too, but might make some mods eventually. It is actually interesting too, that I ordered a khaki PLCE belt and an olive one and the thicknesses of them, and especially the reverse sides are very different (see inside-out khaki belt for example)...oh well I guess...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LBHvjwGH9CTUbVCL8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yUFJeeeRguyXwhDg7

Finally, a close up of the boots which I really like. I will be de-glazing them today to get rid of some of the waxy shine...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fdLkmMErs7jYrwVu7

WIP: Rogue One Yavin Operations Trooper and Officer

"Any pilot who volunteers to fly an A-wing better be brave or crazy. Probably helps to be a little of both."
―General Han Solo

Last edited by Toda () on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your jacket looks good to me. It is not an exact replica of Cassians Andor's jacket but the differences are covered by the CS.

I do not think that it needs the pants eye/hook that you asked me about. That detail is not even mentioned as an optional item in the CS. So I would not worry about it.

I wish you good luck with your built. By the way, I think you are going to be first Yavin Operation Trooper/Officer in the Rebel Legion because I haven't even started making my first mock-up of the jacket because I am having trouble with adjusting patterns to my size, and the member that proposed the CS never finished his.

Rebel Legion costumes: jawa, rebel fleet trooper ANH, signals intelligence technician (Rogue One)

501st Legion costumes: jawa, bridge crew
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boots are really nice.

The olive green belt looks like it is a regular roll pin buckle belt or perhaps an MTP roll pin buckle belt. The tan/khaki belt is a real PLCE belt. They come with either a black plastic buckle or a roll pin belt buckle. The PLCE belt has a unique webbing structure and is made out of two layers. The inner layer has the loops for size adjustment that we wear on the outside. The stiffness and thickness of PLCE wedding can vary. My tan/khaki PLCE is very soft and thin compared to the 4 meters of plain olive green PLCE webbing I bought on eBay. That stuff is so stiff and thick that it almost broke my sewing machine.

I can see that you took off the snap button that is under the zipper. Are you planning on doing that with the snap buttons on the cuff as well? I was just wondering because the CS does not say if snap buttons are permitted or not.

Rebel Legion costumes: jawa, rebel fleet trooper ANH, signals intelligence technician (Rogue One)

501st Legion costumes: jawa, bridge crew
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I really like the boots! My former college room mate is making the leather cuffs right now, so I can't wait to get them! I actually ordered 2 PLCE belts and this is what I got in the package. The olive one is definitely not one. The buttons on the cuffs I will probably keep...I know I have seen an image, and possibly two, showing cuffs on troopers with buttons. I can't say that about Cassian images though. I am going to have a very busy week too, so I don't know if I will have time to look for them. We will see I guess...

PArmstr wrote:
The boots are really nice.

The olive green belt looks like it is a regular roll pin buckle belt or perhaps an MTP roll pin buckle belt. The tan/khaki belt is a real PLCE belt. They come with either a black plastic buckle or a roll pin belt buckle. The PLCE belt has a unique webbing structure and is made out of two layers. The inner layer has the loops for size adjustment that we wear on the outside. The stiffness and thickness of PLCE wedding can vary. My tan/khaki PLCE is very soft and thin compared to the 4 meters of plain olive green PLCE webbing I bought on eBay. That stuff is so stiff and thick that it almost broke my sewing machine.

I can see that you took off the snap button that is under the zipper. Are you planning on doing that with the snap buttons on the cuff as well? I was just wondering because the CS does not say if snap buttons are permitted or not.

WIP: Rogue One Yavin Operations Trooper and Officer

"Any pilot who volunteers to fly an A-wing better be brave or crazy. Probably helps to be a little of both."
―General Han Solo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: