Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e6e2b27eb02679542f7918d9cc9a92fcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jyn Erso - WIP - Help Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
propsqueen ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Jyn Erso - WIP - Help Needed Reply with quote

Hi All! I've been working on my Jyn costume for over a year. I'm going for approval and I'm a perfectionist so I'm concerned that I'm on the wrong track with the vest.

I have my full WIP album here that contains all of my reference and progress photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1miScS6rk73qLJyE7

I'm concerned about the length of the vest:

At this point I'm almost in tears at the idea of re-making it but I want it to be right.

Wanted to see if you all could either ease my mind or make some suggestions on what I could do to make it something that will be approved.
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I don't know if you can take a picture with some more lighting, but in some of your progress pics, it looks like it lays about the right length, it should be hitting middle-to-top of your pants waistband. It can seem longer based on how you are standing, too, or if the vest isn't sitting on your shoulders right. The picture posted, your left hip is higher because of your stance which only makes it look too long.

Excellent work so far, I love the colors of all your fabrics, too! I wouldn't get upset even if they said to redo the waistband, that's a pretty easy fix and as far as I can see, the rest of your work is pretty spot on. I'd maybe do some weathering on the twill tape in the knee casing to tone down the brightness.

Costumer of the Year - 2010
Current Build Threads: Meadow Gown: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100662
Ceremonial Leia: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=986837#986837
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue with the lighting. Would you mind taking a couple extra pictures? A picture showing the vest and pants from the side as well as the front would be helpful in judging the length, since the vest opens up in the front and it can be hard to tell where the vest ends with the front view alone.

I mentioned this in the Jyn group, but even if it is too long, you will not need to remake it. It would be totally modable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: