Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=745a06b30b5bc08f57a0e5c68997586eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hoth Costumes - What you need to know.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
shivelycore (Mike Giralico)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 08 Oct 2018
Posts: 52
Location: Twin Cities Hoth
Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Hoth Hangar Trooper, what type of com pad is used for the left wrist?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2002
Posts: 17264
Location: Mokena IL
Medals: 18 (View more...)
South Carolina Relief Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shivelycore wrote:
For the Hoth Hangar Trooper, what type of com pad is used for the left wrist?


They use the same gloves with the compad as the Trench Troopers wear.
_________________


http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
shivelycore (Mike Giralico)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 08 Oct 2018
Posts: 52
Location: Twin Cities Hoth
Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schph Gochi wrote:
shivelycore wrote:
For the Hoth Hangar Trooper, what type of com pad is used for the left wrist?


They use the same gloves with the compad as the Trench Troopers wear.


Is that the same as the pilots use? Sorry to seem so dense but i cant tell from the pictures and it doesnt specify much more other than "compad" in the description. A search of Etsy doesnt turn up any Hoth Compads other than the tiny red square ones from from the tech.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2002
Posts: 17264
Location: Mokena IL
Medals: 18 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shivelycore wrote:
Schph Gochi wrote:
shivelycore wrote:
For the Hoth Hangar Trooper, what type of com pad is used for the left wrist?


They use the same gloves with the compad as the Trench Troopers wear.


Is that the same as the pilots use? Sorry to seem so dense but i cant tell from the pictures and it doesnt specify much more other than "compad" in the description. A search of Etsy doesnt turn up any Hoth Compads other than the tiny red square ones from from the tech.



No...they are not the same...

this is what they look like:




_________________


http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
shivelycore (Mike Giralico)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 08 Oct 2018
Posts: 52
Location: Twin Cities Hoth
Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, I sincerely appreciate it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jedi_Boyer (Michel Boyer)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge


Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 1188
Location: Morgantown, WV
Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a good source for either the hoth hangar tech or hoth rebel trooper hats? I have had a majority of this costume finished for quite some time, but need a hat to finish either or both of them.

I found a cold weather cap on ebay that would work if it didn't have USN stamped on the back flap.
_________________

"My Loyalties lie with My Legion and the betterment of My legion." Ixam Let'si
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2002
Posts: 17264
Location: Mokena IL
Medals: 18 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of anyone making them....

if, however, you know of a seamstress in your area you can use the complete pattern that is available at the Yahoo Group.

Sometimes, if you go into your local Joanne Fabric stores, a lot of the people who work there either do commission sewing or know seamstress who do...


Wink
_________________


http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Retrofire (Peter)



Joined: 27 Jan 2018
Posts: 37
Location: Arizona
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffrey is building a hanger tech and has a thread going where he shows the hat he picked up on Etsy. Maybe check with him for the source? Here’s the link: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88116

Have a great day everyone!
_________________
Peter Holzemer
TB-91005 Scout Biker
“Retrofire”
Dune Sea Garrison
RAID Recruit - Endor Commando
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2002
Posts: 17264
Location: Mokena IL
Medals: 18 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 4)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retrofire wrote:
Jeffrey is building a hanger tech and has a thread going where he shows the hat he picked up on Etsy. Maybe check with him for the source? Here’s the link: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88116

Have a great day everyone!



looks like he got it from someone called "Mr. Hemmings workshop"


this one really does not look right at all...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/640154438/hoth-hat-heavy-extra-insulated?ref=shop_home_active_2&crt=1

this one is better
https://www.etsy.com/listing/584956899/hoth-hat-x2?ref=shop_home_active_10
_________________


http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Posts: 1186
Location: Rochester, NY
Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi_Boyer wrote:
Is there a good source for either the hoth hangar tech or hoth rebel trooper hats? I have had a majority of this costume finished for quite some time, but need a hat to finish either or both of them.

I found a cold weather cap on ebay that would work if it didn't have USN stamped on the back flap.


Etsy, Mr. Hemmings workshop, matches all the photos of the original hat found at the Hotel where they shot scenes, from what I can tell. Every detail is there, inside and out. The only Hoth cap you will ever need. Perfect colors and material. Trust me. I have been studying this stuff for a few years to find the best I could get that was affordable. Its under $200 and worth every penny. I can not say enough about it. The man knows his stuff.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jasonh1234 (Jay)



Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 115
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB wrote:
Etsy, Mr. Hemmings workshop, matches all the photos of the original hat found at the Hotel where they shot scenes, from what I can tell. Every detail is there, inside and out. The only Hoth cap you will ever need. Perfect colors and material. Trust me. I have been studying this stuff for a few years to find the best I could get that was affordable. Its under $200 and worth every penny. I can not say enough about it. The man knows his stuff.


I've bought one of the Mr. Hemmings workshop Hoth hats too and totally echo the above. The quality is astounding. Looks like it fell off the screen and into your lap.

Aside: If anyone is interested... I made some Hoth patches and am also selling them on Etsy. Link


_________________
My Newbie's diary of an X-Wing pilot build

I'm selling on Etsy:
* Hoth Rebel patches
* Rogue One Rebel patches
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kman ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 25 May 2016
Posts: 1192
Location: Tarzana, CA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonh1234 wrote:
Aside: If anyone is interested... I made some Hoth patches and am also selling them on Etsy. Link



I was looking at those! They look great! Any chance you can do any of the alternate designs, too?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jasonh1234 (Jay)



Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 115
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:

I was looking at those! They look great! Any chance you can do any of the alternate designs, too?


I plan to do many more variations but I started with Luke to validate demand. (My first time selling stuff online.) I just want to make sure people actually buy them before I go overboard. If I sell 1-2 more of the Luke patches, I will definitely get some more designs made. Was there a specific character you had in mind?
_________________
My Newbie's diary of an X-Wing pilot build

I'm selling on Etsy:
* Hoth Rebel patches
* Rogue One Rebel patches
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kman ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 25 May 2016
Posts: 1192
Location: Tarzana, CA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonh1234 wrote:
kman wrote:

I was looking at those! They look great! Any chance you can do any of the alternate designs, too?


I plan to do many more variations but I started with Luke to validate demand. (My first time selling stuff online.) I just want to make sure people actually buy them before I go overboard. If I sell 1-2 more of the Luke patches, I will definitely get some more designs made. Was there a specific character you had in mind?


I've never actually seen a complete list that was canon. Is there one posted somewhere? There's another vendor on Etsy with iron on rank patches who has a number of designs, but I'm not sure how Canon they are.

Or this guy's is pretty cool, but I can't quite make out the detail in the low res photo. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ledick_Firest/Legends
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jasonh1234 (Jay)



Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 115
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
I've never actually seen a complete list that was canon. Is there one posted somewhere?


Not that I've seen yet and I've looked quite a bit. I'll probably do a bunch of frame by frame hunting of 1080p source material.

Quote:
There's another vendor on Etsy with iron on rank patches who has a number of designs, but I'm not sure how Canon they are.


I have seen those. I thought of buying one myself but then I thought "I can do better".

I've already got most of those ranks displayed there as design files but I haven't yet confirmed their accuracy with what's on screen.

Quote:
Or this guy's is pretty cool, but I can't quite make out the detail in the low res photo. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ledick_Firest/Legends


I could do his fairly easily but I need to see a better shot to determine the symbols for the lighter color squares.
_________________
My Newbie's diary of an X-Wing pilot build

I'm selling on Etsy:
* Hoth Rebel patches
* Rogue One Rebel patches
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group