Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8fcf822fcbe504c3feacf38975433485Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Thrawn Trilogy Comic Luke Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gyurizon (Luke Maras)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Thrawn Trilogy Comic Luke Skywalker Reply with quote

I'm currently working on a RotJ Luke outfit, but found this costume while I was reading through some of the Legends comics to refresh myself on the stories I had forgotten.

I really like the look of this Luke outfit as it feels consistent to RotJ Luke, but feels more active and melee-ready. I've decided I want to try to make this as an alternative for troops since I live in Australia and it will be a lot cooler to wear particularly in the hot months.

I am sure that the pants and boots he wears should be styled the same as his RotJ outfit. From those photos, I believe the belt he wears would be a plain dark brown leather belt, with a hip strap (akin to Mara's belt, but hip strap starting further from the buckle and without the holster) on his right.

[501st CRL Reference to Mara's belt]

For the singlet/tank top, I have a feeling that would need to be custom as it seems quite form fitting... I might be able to find something to purchase online, but I'm not yet sure. Perhaps a stretch fabric like lycra could be ideal, but finding a material that looks good may be a challenge - I'll have to look into it.

With the comic reference pictures I believe this outfit would be potentially legion approvable if I do a good job of it... but some clarification on that would be nice if anyone knows if the outfit has been done before, or if it looks like there is enough reference for approval?

Last edited by Gyurizon (Luke Maras) on Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gyurizon (Luke Maras)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, I have a beautiful Lukyanov "Creepy Uncle" saber that should be arriving in the next month or 2, after the electronics have been installed which I'd be using for this costume Very Happy

Gyurizon (Luke Maras)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more decent images of the outfit, however they are less consistent for the belt of the outfit.

Gyurizon (Luke Maras)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never sewn before, but I bought some black 4-way stretch lycra and with some rough guidance from my girlfriend I drafted a pattern off a singlet, and sewed this.

It's not completely symmetrical, and I need to adjust the neckline, but so far I am quite proud of my first sewing attempt.

In more news, I have ordered a belt buckle so I can make the belt, and have obtained material to make the pants. However I wont be making the pants myself, a family member will likely be doing them for me.
Psab Keel ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought this outfit was pretty cool. It was like a nice hybrid of his ESB fatigues and his Jedi outfit.

Sort of a slick utilitarian look rather than the sleek look from ROTJ.

I'm curious to see how it will all turn out. You've got a great start thus far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: