Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7ceeda16c31632259076d87574cd6bb1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Harbinger Leia from Marvel Comics #22 and #23
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Standards Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediJainaSolo (Sarah Townsend)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Harbinger Leia from Marvel Comics #22 and #23 Reply with quote

I have been pecking away at this since October, discussing it with my CO Princessofgville! I am so excited to finally share this all with you! I have JUST submitted mine!

Now please note, the reason why this was so difficult was the art DOES change from frame to frame at times, so her shirt gets mirrored or the belt changes almost completely. Because of this, I believe some leniency/variations should be acceptable.

Vest:

a. Blue or blue grey padded vest
b. Upper padded front and back yokes with topstitched fabric insignia “frame”, proportionate to the upper left yoke and insignia size, with piping in the yoke seam, both back and front. Yoke should start just above the bottom edge of the armscye.
c. Semi-circular, fully padded, rounded fold-over collar with piping trim.
d. Large, square diamond-shaped quilting below the yoke. Diamonds should be proportional to the wearer. Suggested size: roughly 3.5″ / 9 cm on each side. For size reference the center vest back should have two to three diamonds as should the center of the front panels. This vest is shorter than the Hoth vest and should fall at the wearer’s waist.
f. Top stitching at the armholes, center front and hem edges.
g. Rank badge may be the same as Hoth
NOTE: One frame does have a pocket which is believed to be an artist’s mistake. Pockets are not accepted on this vest

Shirt:
Mock turtleneck with no traditional neck seam.
There should be two vertical seams falling center of the wearer’s breasts. The right side should start at the top of the shoulder at or close to the neck. The left side can be a real or faux panel, made to look like it opens, piped all the way up to the collar.
The piping on the left side goes up and can angle up and over vertically in a rectangle type shape or at a 45 degree angle.
Shirt is worn tucked into the pants
OPTIONAL NOTE: This shirt is often mirrored in certain frames, so this look is also accepted, but not preferred.

Pants:
Brown pants. Color can very from chocolate to a dark khaki
Pants should have vertical seams down the front of both legs and traditional seams on the sides.

Gloves:
Brown gloves should go to the wrist bone or a little further up the arm, but no further than two inches.

Boots:
a. Black leather or non-shiny vinyl, 1”-2” / 2.5 cm – 7.5 cm wedge-heel or low heeled boots no higher than an inch tall, knee-high boots, with three slightly darker gray suede 1” / 2.5 cm wide straps.
b. Worn with the pant legs tucked in.

Belt and holster:
Brown Han Solo style holster.
Needs to have buckles in the back and the front
As the belt changes from shot to shot, only pouch pockets are required, but greeblies can be accepted as well.
Holster is worn on the wearer’s right leg

Optional item:
Stormtrooper blaster.

Reference photos

Scavenger, Princess, Senator and Sword of the Jedi
https://www.instagram.com/owl_feathers/
https://www.facebook.com/OwlFeathersArts/
rab96 (Becca)
Blue Ridge Base CO
Blue Ridge Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah, I think this is a great start!

I would like to add that I think the pants should be a bit lighter, more like a khaki and not a dark chocolate, same with the gloves. I think once you add a dark brown holster to the mix they will kind of blend together, the comic has the pants/gloves lighter than the holster in color. So I would typically go for a tan/taupe/kahki color.

The compad is unfortunately way different than the Hoth one to my eye, sad face. Natalie (LeiaAurora) had a friend 3D print one that looks great (check her WIP thread), it can easily be made of foam as well!

Upon more studies of my personal reference pictures, I noticed that Leia's belt doesn't seem to have a center back buckle like Han's. Whether this is due to comic art style omitting things that aren't necessary or if it was a completely different design with an "inspired by" design, I'm not quite sure. This may be a judge deciding factor.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The art changes a TON from frame to frame, so with this one I think we need to be lenient on certain things. Her rank badge changes shape a few times, so Hoth, even repainted should be an option. Yeah, looking back, a mid brown to khaki should be the range, you are correct.

There is no good shot for the back, so I think we can go with or without the center back buckle, maybe make it optional?

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great start to the proposal but there are a few things to note.

I agree on the rank badge. It is not the Hoth one so should not be accepted as an alternate. It was fairly simple to have one created and I can probably have the file shared on Thingiverse for anyone interested in creating it. Could probably be made out of craft foam or a similar material as well. We require all other costumes to have the specifics and this should be no different.

The vest isn't gray. Blue for sure but are there frames where it is shown as gray? Perhaps I missed them.

The shirt sometimes has the vertical seam on the right and sometimes doesn't. The visible seams that are always visible are the ones that have piping and are clearly distinguishable. Example would be in these images:

It's also not a 45 degree angle but straight across the collar.

The shirt is actually not tucked in in at least a portion of the frames I have seen. Examples would be as follows:

Perhaps we can say shirt worn tucked in or tucked out as optional.

Agree with Rebecca on the color. They are most definitely not dark brown. They are khaki or a light tan/brown. You can clearly see the distinction in the color as the holster is dark brown and the pants are much lighter. Here is a great side by side shot I threw together showing that.

Boots are black and not gray. Here are references showing the color.

I worked on the holster line up with several Solo's in my base and this is what we came up with.

The main difference is that sometimes there are 3 pouches on the side and sometimes four. We could perhaps put a "minimum of 3 pouches required but 4 are allowed."

There is a buckle on the left side by the hip as shown perfectly in this reference shot.

There should be no back closure but since it is hidden by the vest there may be some leeway there but for sure there is a side buckle. I had to redo mine so it would match the reference which was a pain but yay for accuracy. Very Happy

Oh and a note on the collar. It is quite big, bigger than her Hoth vest collar. This shot shows perfectly what I am referring to.

However, wonderful start to this standard. It is so nice to see others wanting to be as accurate as possible. Copying comic book costumes is tricky but can be so rewarding when you match it exactly.

If there are questions that can be answered by the artists themselves in terms of color or design, please post them and I can ask. They were both very receptive to my questions when I was making this costume and very fast in their responses to my initial email.

I look forward to helping getting this live as a standard.
In progress/submitted: Padme Amidala Deleted Scene/X Wing Pilot/Clone Wars Padme (maroon vest)
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and a comment on the length. It is inconsistent throughout the artwork but in this image I threw together you can see the general length to be at about hip level. I'll see if I can put some more images next to each other to get a better idea on that.

Far left image shows hip level. Top right shows that or just above. Bottom right shows more of a crop look.

This could be something open for interpretation. Any thoughts from others on this?
In progress/submitted: Padme Amidala Deleted Scene/X Wing Pilot/Clone Wars Padme (maroon vest)
bekahsoka ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a wonderful thread already, and I'm so excited to see it go through! Also, congrats Sarah for having this costume approved today! It looks amazing!

After reading a couple things I wanted to point out that the collar, at least in my opinion, should be approvable with either the 45 degree angle or the straight line. There are enough references for both.

To me the shirt looks to be tucked into the pants in ever panel, it may be that some see it differently but the detailed shots are clearly tucked in.

Using chocolate for the pants does seem to be odd wording, maybe a light chocolate or khaki color is better.

I agree that making the back buckle optional is the best way, since we are unsure if it's there or not. For example, the animated Clone Wars Padme Handmaiden costume we have the shirt as optional, since we don't see it in the show but know its there for the movie.

All in all this is such a fun costume and I'm so excited for others to do this!

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How lovely to have an approved costume to go off of going forward for this standard proposal. This will help us see what the judges are looking for. Congratulations! Mr. Green

When Jill wrote her proposal, she posted photos of her costume next to the different sections. Since the holster line up is in review, could you post what you submitted and were approved with ? This way we can match it and reword accordingly. This may be something we can utilize going forward with new proposals.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asked to reformat the original proposal so here is that with all the proposed changes thus far. Please let me know if I missed any

Front view:

Back view:

Leia Organa Solo (born Leia Amidala Skywalker) was, at various stages of her life, a politician, revolutionary, and Jedi Knight of the New Jedi Order. The daughter of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and Senator Padmé Amidala of Naboo, Leia was the younger twin sister of Luke Skywalker, and, shortly after her birth, she became the adopted daughter of Bail Organa and Queen Breha of Alderaan, making her a Princess of Alderaan. An accomplished Senator, Leia Organa was most famous for her strong leadership during the Galactic Civil War and other subsequent galactic conflicts, making her one of the galaxy’s greatest heroes. (Source Wookieepedia)

Required Items

Vest:

a. Blue padded vest
b. Upper padded front and back yokes, with piping in the yoke seam, both back and front. Yoke should start just above the bottom edge of the armscye.
d. Large, square diamond-shaped quilting below the yoke. Diamonds should be proportional to the wearer. Suggested size: roughly 3.5″ / 9 cm on each side. For size reference the center vest back should have two to three diamonds as should the center of the front panels. This vest is shorter than the Hoth vest and should fall at or just below the wearer’s waist.
g. Rank badge

OPTIONAL:
a. Rank badge can go in topstitched fabric insignia “frame” proportionate to the upper left yoke and insignia size.
b. As the artwork changes from frame to frame, Hoth rank badge may be used if all pips are blue

NOTE: One frame does have a pocket which is believed to be an artist’s mistake. Pockets are not accepted on this vest

Shirt:

a. Mock turtleneck with no traditional neck seam.
b. There should be two vertical seams falling center of the wearer’s breasts. The right side should start at the top of the shoulder at or close to the neck. The left side can be a real or faux panel, made to look like it opens, piped all the way up to the collar.
c. The piping on the left side goes up and can angle up and over vertically in a rectangle type shape or at a 45 degree angle. Both are acceptable as the art work does change from frame to frame.
d. Shirt is worn tucked into the pants

OPTIONAL: This shirt is often mirrored in certain frames, so this look is also accepted, but not preferred.

Pants:

Brown pants. Color can very from medium brown to a dark khaki
Pants should have vertical seams down the front of both legs and traditional seams on the sides.

Gloves:

Brown gloves should go to the wrist bone or a little further up the arm, but no further than two inches.

Boots:

a. Black leather or non-shiny vinyl, 1”-2” / 2.5 cm – 7.5 cm wedge-heel or low heeled boots no higher than an inch tall, knee-high boots, with three 1” / 2.5 cm wide straps.

Belt and holster:

a. Dark brown Han Solo style holster.
b. Octogonal buckle in the front
c. As the belt changes from shot to shot, only pouches and pocets are required, but greeblies can be accepted as well.
Holster is worn on the wearer’s right leg

OPTIONAL: Buckle in the back and/or side buckle

Optional item:

Stormtrooper blaster.

Here is a photo of my costume front:

And back before I was able to paint the belt correctly.

I apologize for the lighting! My apartment was dark. I had to do this when I had a spare moment away from the kiddos!

Now my belt is a premade Han Solo belt, which worked out fantastic. Natalie, I really love how yours turned out! I wish I had access to a leather maker here! I am SOOO bad with leatherwork! And your rank badge looks wonderful as well!

Let me know if I missed anything we discussed, and I will amend this.

Oh and here's a fun manip I did!

Last edited by JediJainaSolo (Sarah Townsend) on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! Thanks so much for collecting images and getting this started.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site | She/Her

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the compliment. I wanted to match as closely as possible so craft foam or getting a 3D print to match reference was the only way. Shocked

There are several pouches shown on reference so I still think we should have those included as they are definitely there as is the side buckle.

However, if judges are okay with just the standard Han Solo buckle and holster as is then the wording on the standard should be changed to match that description.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did add the part about the pouches, but we can say pouches and pockets. We can also add side buckle optional as we only see it in one panel I believe. Lol it changes from panel to panel, so I wanted to give a general idea of what judges should be looking for overall. My belt had a leather peice on the side which I painted metallic to look like a buckle of sorts, so that can work as well. From what I understand about this particular artist is that he is often inconsistent in his comics lol, so we can't be too ridged with certain things.

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to that, it was commented on my "Splinter" standard that things that only show up in certain frames could be listed as optional. For example, the side seam over the right breast area. That is shown in a few panels but not in all. I would suggest that get reworded.

Pants still say "chocolate brown". This is chocolate brown compared against reference.

I would word it as "light brown or tan colored". Chocolate brown is far too dark.

The side buckle is only shown in the one panel in detail BUT it is there so I don't think we should list the option of "painted on" as an approvable option. If we start that, the argument could be brought up for other standards as well and I don't think we want to open that can of worms. There is also the comment, "Well what got approved for one person may not be approved for another" so we need to be very careful how things are worded. I have a feeling this will be a very popular costume for our members so being specific is better than generalizing.

Still disagree on the Hoth badge being acceptable. It isn't a Hoth badge. It again opens the debate of, "Well, this person used a badge from this costume and was approved with it so why can't I?" etc etc. It sets a bad precedent. If we want to be known for being an accurate costuming group, why wouldn't we be as specific as possible?

Just my two cents though.
rab96 (Becca)
Blue Ridge Base CO
Blue Ridge Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Natalie on a lot of these things, we definitely shouldn't paint buckles on. That could cause some things we really don't want to deal with.

Below you can find an updated proposal based on Sarah's original, which was a great start! I've included and deleted a few things, that I think are best for the costume.

Hope this is helpful!

Leia Organa Solo (born Leia Amidala Skywalker) was, at various stages of her life, a politician, revolutionary, and Jedi Knight of the New Jedi Order. The daughter of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and Senator Padmé Amidala of Naboo, Leia was the younger twin sister of Luke Skywalker, and, shortly after her birth, she became the adopted daughter of Bail Organa and Queen Breha of Alderaan, making her a Princess of Alderaan. An accomplished Senator, Leia Organa was most famous for her strong leadership during the Galactic Civil War and other subsequent galactic conflicts, making her one of the galaxy’s greatest heroes. (Source Wookieepedia)

Required Items

Vest:

a. Blue padded vest
b. Upper padded front and back yokes, with piping in the yoke seam, both back and front. Yoke should start just above the bottom edge of the armscye.
d. Large, square diamond-shaped quilting below the yoke. Diamonds should be proportional to the wearer. Suggested size: roughly 3.5″ / 9 cm on each side. For size reference the center vest back should have two to three diamonds as should the center of the front panels.
g. Grey Rank badge. Rectangle in shape with 3 light blue/turquoise or teal 1.5” squares beginning at the top. 1” circle in same color about .5” over and under of the first square.
A 1.5” circle in same color directly under where a 4th square would have been.

OPTIONAL:
a. Rank badge can go in topstitched fabric insignia “frame” proportionate to the upper left yoke and insignia size.

NOTE: One frame does have a pocket which is believed to be an artist’s mistake. Pockets are not accepted on this vest.
Hoth Badge is NOT accepted for this costume.

Shirt:

a. Mock turtleneck with no traditional neck seam.
b. There should be one vertical seam falling center of the wearer’s left breast. This can be a real or faux panel, made to look like it opens, piped all the way up to the collar.
c. The piping on the left side goes up and can angle up and over vertically in a rectangle type shape or at a 45 degree angle. Both are acceptable as the art work does change from frame to frame.
d. Shirt is worn tucked into the pants

OPTIONAL: a.) This shirt is often mirrored in certain frames, so this look is also accepted, but not preferred. b.) Can have a piped seam on the right side, falling center of the wearer’s right breast.

Pants:

Khaki or Light brown pants.
Pants should have vertical center seams down the front of both legs and traditional seams on the sides.

Gloves:

Khaki or light brown gloves should go to the wrist bone or a little further up the arm, but no further than two inches.

Boots:

a. Black leather or non-shiny vinyl, 1”-2” / 2.5 cm – 7.5 cm wedge-heel or low heeled boots no higher than an inch tall, knee-high boots, with three 1” / 2.5 cm wide straps.

Belt:

a. Han Solo style holster in a non shiny leather or leather-like material. Medium to Dark brown in color.
b. Octogonal buckle in the front. Can be off-centered to appear like Comic or centered.
c. As the belt changes from shot to shot, only pouches and pockets are required, but greeblies can be accepted as well.
Holster is worn on the wearer’s right leg.

OPTIONAL: Buckle in the back and/or side buckle. If side buckle is included it should be in a metal or metal-like material.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making those updates! It's looking great. Just a few more things to add to this.

I would say that the rank badge should be more approximate sizing, if possible. For example, my badge is 3 inches long and 2 inches wide. It's roughly the same size as the Hoth badge would be but I believe, half an inch longer.

The right "seam" on the shirt is not piped from what I can tell. Again this is open to interpretation but it looks more like a straight seam to me.

The holster is also darker in color than the pants. We should perhaps say something like, "Holster must be a darker brown than the pants".

I think we need to specify how many pouches on the holster. In the panels that I reviewed, they change from 3-4 on the right side. There are consistently 2 on the left side.

"A minimum of 3 pouches on the right side of the buckle is required but a 4th pouch is allowed. On the left side of the buckle are 2 pouches."

Perhaps that can be worded better but something in that general direction would be best. This is not a simple Han Solo holster (unfortunately lol) nor should it be confused as such so the more specific we can be on this, the better.
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorting through all of this and getting it into the right format, here is what I have.

There seems to be some tension here between a need for absolute accuracy and a need for flexibility because of variation in the comic.

With a comic like this, where things change frame to frame, what shows up on the page, no matter what it is, is "accurate." Therefore, our standards need to reflect that. Thankfully, the new standards format allows us the "optional details" field for ever costume piece, and that is something that we need to use heavily for this costume. We should not be too prescriptive about details that change from page to page. In this case, being a bit vague is ideal.

Admittedly, I don't have this comic in hard copy myself, but I combed all of the photos that you all shared here, and if a detail was missing in any of the images (except when it might be covered by another part of the costume), I made it optional.

With the pouches and greeblies, there is no set number or arrangement, though in the front shots, there were always 2-3 pouches. The logic that there could be more on the other side makes sense, so allowing for a range of 2-5 in total seems reasonable.

Quote:
Standard Name: Leia Organa – Harbinger Outfit
Primary Detachment: Rebel Legion Galactic Senate
Submission Date:
Existing Standard URL: None

Front Image
URL: https://i.imgur.com/CxvqpjM.jpg
Source:

Back / Second View Image
URL: https://i.imgur.com/PcpXcI3.jpg
Source:

Character Description
Princess Leia Organa was one of the Rebel Alliance’s greatest leaders, fearless on the battlefield and dedicated to ending the tyranny of the Empire. Daughter of Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, sister of Luke Skywalker, and with a soft spot for scoundrels, Leia ranks among the galaxy’s great heroes. But life under the New Republic has not been easy for Leia. Sidelined by a new generation of political leaders, she struck out on her own to oppose the First Order as founder of the Resistance. These setbacks in her political career have been accompanied by more personal losses. (Source: Star Wars Databank)

Required Items

Vest

Item Image
URL: https://i.imgur.com/TALclnA.jpg
Source:

Required Details
• Medium blue or blue-grey sleeveless padded vest made of a non-shiny fabric.
• Vest is self-lined in the same fabric.
• Upper yoke of the vest is padded, without quilting and extends to just below the arm home.
• Vest has semi-circular, thickly padded, rounded fold-over collar.
• Large, square diamond-shaped quilting below the yoke. Diamonds should be proportional to the wearer. (Suggested size: roughly 3.5″ / 9 cm on each side.)
• Vest may be between waist-length to hip-length (waist-length recommended).

Optional Details
• Rectangular gray or silver rank badge is worn on the left side of the chest. The rank badge has a raised outside border and several small light blue or teal circle and square details inside. (3 squares and 2-3 circles recommended). Badge should be proportional to wearer (roughly 3”/7.5 cm wide and 2”/5 cm tall).
• Rank badge can go in topstitched fabric insignia “frame” proportionate to the upper left yoke and insignia size.
• The horizontal seam between the yoke and quilted portions of the vest may have piping
• Collar may have piping trim.
• Vest may have top stitching at the armholes, center front and hem edges.
• Hoth rank badge may be used if all pips are light blue or teal.

Additional Images

URL: https://i.imgur.com/PcpXcI3.jpg
Source:

Source:

URL: https://i.imgur.com/zA8Z1tD.jpg
Source:

URL: https://i.imgur.com/TZrcGN8.jpg
Source

URL: https://i.imgur.com/uLL6poV.jpg
Source:

URL: https://i.imgur.com/fPwvyXK.png
Source:

Shirt

Item Image
URL: https://i.imgur.com/mZcRbZi.jpg
Source:

Required Details
• White or off-white, long-sleeve mock turtleneck with no neck seam.
• There should be two vertical seams falling center of the wearer’s breasts. The right side should start at the top of the shoulder at or close to the neck. The left side can be a real or faux panel, made to look like it opens, piped all the way up to the collar.
• The collar closes with a flap (or faux flap) that angles off one of the piped seams over the chest (left side preferred). The flap extends past the center of the neck but not as far as the other piped seam. The edge of the flap has piping.
• Shirt is worn tucked into the pants .

Optional Details
• The collar flap can connect to the piped seam at a right angle at the base of the neck, or at a 45 degree angle, starting slightly farther down the shirt.

Additional Images

Source:

URL: https://i.imgur.com/N58MClV.jpg
Source:

Source:

URL:
Source

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

Pants

Item Image
URL:
Source:

Required Details
• Pants are medium brown to dark khaki color and made from a matte (not-shiny) fabric.
• Pants have vertical seams down the front of both legs in addition to seams on the sides.
• Pants are fitted and should not be overly baggy.
• Pants do not have visible pockets.
Optional Details
• Center front seams may have piping.

Additional Images

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

Gloves

Item Image
Source:

Required Details
• Medium brown to dark khaki gloves that approximately match the pants.
• Gloves flare wider at the wrist.
• The gloves end beyond the wrist bone or a little further up the arm, but no further than 2 inches (5 cm).

Optional Details

Additional Images

Source:

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

Boots

Item Image
Source:

Required Details
• Black leather or non-shiny vinyl, knee-high boots, with three 1” / 2.5 cm wide straps.
• Boots have a low heel or wedge heel that is 1”-2” / 2.5 cm – 7.5 cm tall.
• Worn with the pant legs tucked in.

Optional Details

Additional Images

Source:

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

Belt and holster

Item Image
Source:

Required Details
• Medium to dark brown leather or leather-like belt with low-slung holster on the right leg.
• There is a large silver buckle on the front of the belt. The buckle is worn in the center front or center right. The buckle is a hexagon or octagon shape.
• 2-5 small, approximately square pouches are worn on the belt. Pouches are the same color as the belt. Pouches close with a top flap that fastens with a round snap or button.
Optional Details
• A Han Solo style belt and holster with a back buckle may be used.
• Holster may have a thin strap over the top that snaps down to secure the blaster.
• Holster may have a thin strap around the thigh, attaching near the bottom of the holster, to secure it to the leg.
• Holster may
• Snaps and rivets may be silver, black, or brown.
• There may be small silver buckles connecting the holster to the straps that hang down from the belt.
• The belt may have 1-2 groups of silver cylinders attached to the belt with a narrow strap. Each set of cylinders should have 2-4 cylinders in a row.
• There may be a buckle on the left hip.

Additional Images

Source:

Source:

Source:

URL: https://i.imgur.com/ATlLY4u.jpg
Source

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

Hair

Item Image
URL: https://i.imgur.com/BsXCN4d.png
Source:

Required Details

Optional Details

Additional Images

URL: https://i.imgur.com/fPwvyXK.png
Source:

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

Optional Items

Stormtrooper blaster

Item Image
URL: https://i.imgur.com/zA8Z1tD.jpg
Source:

Required Details

Optional Details

Additional Images

Source:

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source

URL:
Source:

URL:
Source:

Costume Resources:
• Reference Photo Gallery –
• Member Build Threads –

By the time we are ready to finalize this, I hope to have an RLGS gallery set up for the costume, and a link for member build threads. I will add those later.

Since this is now in the formal format, I can move it to the "in progress" forum.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site | She/Her

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Standards Development All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: