Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=64d4f75876be4124f10d782f4f6b7806Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Thanamira WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TLJ Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanamira (Dave Leung)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Thanamira WIP Reply with quote

Hello!
I commissioned a flightsuit from JenEyre. She basically made an identical version of her husband's already-approved TLJ Poe for me. (Jen, please add comments as you see fit!)

I was perusing the proposed CRL, and I was intrigued by this post:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97334&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=18

Just wanted to confirm:
1, having the chestbox hose adapter mounted to the flightsuit leg is not required (it's not even mentioned, actually).
2, gun/holster, as usual, is optional.

If so, heck, all I need to do then is sew on my leg flares strap and take photos tonight!

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
Approved costumes: Jedi Knight (generic) | X-wing pilot (TLJ briefing room)
Photo by Benn Robbins Photography
Thanamira (Dave Leung)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chestbox hose leg attachment

I'm using three 3D printed parts, which I'm calling main body, peg, and backing plate.

(Try opening this in an incognito tab if you just get a blank page)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/A6jPU9jqxddMTMSC9

Parts are painted with silver spray paint and then weathered using nuln oil and agrax earthshade. I'm a big fan of using both: nuln oil is black, earthshade is brown, and it's the multiple colors that make weathering work. Just one or the other just makes it look like "lol you tried to weather this".

I'm using neodymium magnets; the big magnets are *strong*. I think magnetic field strength goes up as r^2, so a modicum of caution is a good idea when manipulating those.

Just need to glue the peg inside my chestbox hose and then handsew the backing plate inside my flightsuit. (And then, y'know, save up money so I can commission a vest. ;) )

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standards proposal you linked to is for the briefing room version of the suit, which doesn't have a chestbox and some other parts, so there wouldn't be a hose at all with that costume. The fully-suited version, with chestbox and everything, would have the hose. The type of "connection" would depend on the version of the outfit you want to do... TLJ would have the hose attached to the suit in some way with an elbow connector while a TFA version would just have the hose tucked into a leg pocket or two the front of the chaps.

Though at this point you should really just be able to mix-and-match the details in many ways between TFA and TLJ.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thanamira (Dave Leung)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, sorry, I wasn't being clear. So, trying again:

1, my TLJ briefing room pilot was approved!
2, now I'm working on the full pilot. Going for TLJ rather than TFA (because lit chestbox!)

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, in the case you should have the hose connect to the leg of the suit, yeah. Smile

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TLJ Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: