Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=02cb2205648eedf3e6852b32fd17af4bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Becoming General High Ground (An RoTS OWK Build)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi-wansBeard (Chris)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Becoming General High Ground (An RoTS OWK Build) Reply with quote

Back in July I got my Generic Jedi accepted, and I had no idea where to go after that. Some of my favorite Canon Jedi are Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Plo Koon. And after making some decisions Ive decided upon Obi-Wan, and started growing my hair and contemplating cutting my beard down. I kept getting encouragement from various sources and I can now go full steam ahead with this build, which I plan to have done by Christmas at the LATEST.
With the help of family I will be making the inner and outer tunic myself. Which will be doubled and lined with satin (either cotton-silk or poly).
I plan on using reguar khakis (maybe even proper colored Chinos?)
Ill add stirrups and buttons for suspenders.

Heres what Ive done so far:
Went to Joaan Fabrics and found some pretty good looking gauze and muslin.

Bought a Roman Props Inception (This saber is absolutely gorgeous, and will be getting a crystal chamber and a neopixel blade)

Bought nice 3d printed apporvable belt boxes.

Ive Comissioned the Robe to be made on Etsy. It will be wool, and I will be making sure all of the CRL guidelines are met with seams and what not. The example pictured here is the black version, not the reddish brown that we will hopefully be able to find.

And I just bought custom made boots from Crowprops (great price and can make modifications very easily). They will be adding metal eyelets to the lace holes (for piece of mind, really).

And this was after my friends awesome wife shaping and styling my hair. I cant replicate this Sad lol

And I made the plunge and had my beard cut. So now Im dedicated

The bottom is so drawn out because my hair hasnt relaxed from when it was long all the time.
Jedi Knight Obi (Chad Pulliam)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Chris. Let me know if you have any more questions.
NC Regional Captain-Eastern North Carolina 2011-201X

Amelia (Emily Haas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropping in to cheer you on! Love the work you've put in so far.
Master John (John)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Joaan or Joann fabrics? do they have a website and what was the name of the fabric?
There is no death, there is the Force.
Obi-wansBeard (Chris)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master John wrote:
Is it Joaan or Joann fabrics? do they have a website and what was the name of the fabric?

Joaan fabrics, sorry lol

Sorry this has been slow everyone! The person making the cloak was hit hard with the flu, and the person I was talking to after purchasing my boots went dark and had to reach out to the owner of Crowprops and he said that he will be overseeing the process and that hell try to have them shipped out next week.

Woodman (on here, the forums) is making my inner tunic and belt.

On a side note, Ive completely changed my eating habits and August 30th I was 294, and now Im 250, trying to hit 240 or less by the end of the year. My goal is to be 200 by March which will be the lightest I have ever been as an adult Shocked
Master John (John)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's, good news.

also do you know if your fabrics are in store only or available online? and if it is online does the fabrics have a specific name?
There is no death, there is the Force.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: