Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=eefd47c9b6757395914b4db577a30b9fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leg Life Support Hose Adapter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TLJ Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How have people been hiding the magnets on this connector? Or have people been using a ring magnet?

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - Former Costume Judge - RLSC Costume Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BigFatCat (Geoff Hawley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've glued a disc magnet flush into the recess on the face of the adaptor that clamps onto another in a plate on other side of the chap fabric.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigFatCat wrote:
I've glued a disc magnet flush into the recess on the face of the adaptor that clamps onto another in a plate on other side of the chap fabric.
Any chance you might be able to post a picture of the magnet setup? Mine didn't come with a recessed area so I'm wondering where it should be...

And so you didn't use the thin ring that the model comes with, if I'm understanding?

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BigFatCat (Geoff Hawley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any to hand. I'll try to sort one out when I get home.

You're right, I didn't use the ring that comes with the model. I traced around the foot of the adaptor onto styrene, then around a disc magnet in side that circle to form a ring. I cemented that ring onto another same size circle to make a round plate with a disc magnet sitting flush on one one face. I stuck a few cube magnets onto the back to increase the strength of the pull.
BigFatCat (Geoff Hawley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so cylinders and not cubes.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thank you. So the big silver disc in the hose greeblie is a larger magnet, correct? That's a good idea. I was trying to figure out how to do it. Razz

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TLJ Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: