Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=98d2e0ceb75c251b5cf289b2809c1284Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Updated X-Wing Pocket Patterns and a question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericalbion ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Updated X-Wing Pocket Patterns and a question. Reply with quote

Morning All,

First off, I have made a nice digital version of these patterns, here's a link:
New link to come, have to fix patterns. See Edit note.

When I printed these off, they struck me as pretty big. What is the seam allowance on these pieces? Are the dimensions given in the patterns a hard set of numbers, or do these get scaled visually to look correct?

Right now, the patterns I have linked here have a half-inch seam allowance, I can update that if need be. I hope these are helpful to others who want a cleaner template, please feel free to mark these up and send me any corrections I can make.

EDIT: So I think I did those patterns wrong, first time trying this. I think the inner boxes are supposed to be the final size and the outer lines are for seam allowance. This is backwards at the moment.

Just confirmed, I have these wrong, unless the dimensions hand-drawn ones refer to the outside box, and sewing along the line in those gives the right size.
ericalbion ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the new album: https://imgur.com/a/kM3pF3C

Now I have the 5/8ths seam allowance on the outside of the dimensions given in the hand drawn version of these.
Jerrick Sunrunner (Mark Mulcaster)
Elstree Base CO
Elstree Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing this, so to confirm, the link to the pockets is now correct?
Have these been approved by the RL judges etc? I’d
Like to link these on our forum but want to make sure that there is no contradiction:)
KJO Council Member
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, but have found that he pockets do need to be fiddled with depending on the size of the person. But it nice to see what dimensions other people use. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
ericalbion ()

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrick Sunrunner wrote:

Have these been approved by the RL judges etc? I’d
Like to link these on our forum but want to make sure that there is no contradiction:)

These haven't been approved by any legion judges, but I would love for them to take a look. I do think a couple will need to be altered for me (slightly smaller) but these have been made to the dimensions given in most tutorial areas as a hand drawn set of images (See the pocket links here: http://www.alderaanbase.com/reference/xwingcostume/flightsuit.php)

If there has been an update to those patterns, I have yet to see it, and I wanted to make a cleaner set for mine and others use.

Edit: And to answer the other question, these have been updated, now the inside line is the final dimensions, and the outside lines are the 5/8ths seam allowance that will actually get cut when making these.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, thanks! I might give these a try at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: