Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=31067a48895582277ca7aa4b51b3a5c5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ahsoka Tano Season 1-2 Tutorial and WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahsoka94 (Eleonora Scanu)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Ahsoka Tano Season 1-2 Tutorial and WIP Reply with quote

Hi guys! this is my second Ahsoka's project and it lasted 1 year, but I'm so happy with the result! All the pieces were made by me, except buttons and comlink that I just colored them! Premise, I have lagoon in English (I'm Italian) so forgive me in advance if you don't understand anything! Mr. Green
These are the reference immages:

(for covertec and comlink)

So start with the difficultest piece:
Lekku
The creation process was supervised and helped by a MUA sfx friend, you can find his work on his instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/marco_loki_pavani/
As a first thing, I did the plaster of my bust,

once it dry, I started to work on it with plastiline "chavant" medium hardness, i filling with foil paper the pieces with more volume. The sculpture process is the one that took me longer time all!

Arrived at this point however, i'm thinking about when I should have made the mold, the form of lekku wouldn't let me do it, because neck and shoulders are attached to them, so I transferred it all to a polyurethane head and I continued carving by adding foil paper for larger volumes, covered with plastiline

the shape I got was not particularly enthusiastic and a friend pointed out to me that the maximum width of the lekku had to be higher and the edges that went from the horn to the forehead, had to be wider, so I made other changes to get a shape that finally I was satisfied.

to finish, with the help of aquarogy, heat gun and sponge I have smoothed the surface by eliminating clumps and hills, and the lekku are ready for the mold!

The sculpture process lasted several months, also because I always saw imperfections that had to be changed and that's why I lost a lot of time.

Here begins the mold process that lasted 4 days due to the drying time of the materials, it was made a bivalve stamp with the help of my friend and to do it were used: clay, "Sintolit" and fiberglass, i save you by the method, because it is enough complicated and dangerous for resin's inhalation (we used antigas masks)

Once both sides are dry, the mold has been opened with the help of screwdriver and cleaned by plastiline (which can be reused, so it is not thrown). then with pre-colored latex and sponge go to make the different layers, close the mold, make several latex castings and wait at least 24 hours for the latex to dry inside, open the mold, pull out the lekku, cut the edges and bind them, go to color with pax (prosthetic+acrilic colour) and the lekku are over!

for the braids i bought the rhombus beads online on aliexpress:
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/Mixed-Color-Long-Rhombus-Straight-Hole-Acrylic-Beads-80pcs-Lot-Wholesale-Fashion-Jelly-Spacer-Beads-For/32649890519.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.QhKhhQ
and i colored them with silver acrilic spray, on aliexpress i bought this too:
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/Gold-Silver-400pcs-Silver-Lined-Glass-Bugle-Beads-9x1-8mm-Tube-Glass-Seed-Beads-Wholesale-2016/32607728280.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.QhKhhQ
i found other beads in my city...

In the end, I created the triangles forming worbla and i colored them with acrylic silver spray. I attached them with velcro on the lekku. From the central piece I attached a transparent elastic wire in which I put the various beads... THE END!

To make them less leashes when I rotate my head, I fill them with pillow padding!
This is the final results with the make up (aquacolor Kryolan):

Very soon I will put them on sale for everyone that want one, so if you like and want to stay up to date, follow me on my instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/ahsoka94/ Amadalia
Dress pieces
For top, skirt and elbow pieces I used a nice dark red velvet, because the effect remains heavier than in the cartoon, for the collants I took a couple of white and dirty them with fabric color and sponge.

Arm and leg pieces
As first I took the pattern directly on me, with transparent film and paper scotch, transferred it on simply paper, and then transfered on eva foam, I drew the shape on slightly lighter red eco-leather, holding 2 cm on top of the board, I cut the eco-leather and sewed it along the vertical back of the calf, then with neoprene glue, I glued the eva foam to the fabric by folding in the edges more so that there are no seams (as in cartoon) and having a minimum thickness and strength. I have attached the automatic buttons for the gold buttons and for the closure. At the end I have soiled them with acrylic to give a worn effect!

For the arm pieces i used the same method!

On the left pieces i put 2 magnets for comlink made in resin by my MUA friend (if you want one you can contact him) and colored by me:

Boots
I searched for months of shoes that might have the right color, once they were found, they were too wide, for this I pulled them by sewing velcro at the back of the calf.

Belt
For belt I always used eco-leather and eva foam, for the "golden closure" I used forex 5mm, for capsules and covertec I used wastes of worbla modeled with heatwave, and all colored with acrylic spray. For clutch I used eco-leather, the pendulum was eva foam darkened with eyeshadow, colored with acrylics and fixed with Pax (prosthetic glue) all attached with velcro.

Poncho
To avoid being cold in winter time, I also sewed a poncho that you see in one episode: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 01 Episode 06 Downfall of a Droid

color reference:

I bought a light gray heavy cloth and purple trimmings, I took the measurements and cut the fabric forming a rectangle. At the center of it I made a hole of the right width to let me pass the lekku. All stopped with pins and passed by sewing machine.

And here you are the final results! And my application Photos! I hope the Judges will accept my new Ahsoka! Very Happy may the force be with me and you!
Ben

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice and thank you for this write up. Very Happy I'm sure others will find it useful.

The headpiece looks so well done. Very beautiful.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Very nice and thank you for this write up. Very Happy I'm sure others will find it useful.

The headpiece looks so well done. Very beautiful.

Thank you so much Lora! I'm glad you like it! Very Happy
bekahsoka (Bekah Platzer)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks wonderful! I'm currently finishing this version now and I'm very excited! I wanted to ask, what do you use to paint your body and how well does it stay on?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bekahsoka wrote:
This looks wonderful! I'm currently finishing this version now and I'm very excited! I wanted to ask, what do you use to paint your body and how well does it stay on?

Thank you so much! I use Kryolan aquacolor orange and it resist very well if you're not one that splits a lot Smile
bekahsoka (Bekah Platzer)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahsoka94 wrote:
bekahsoka wrote:

Thank you so much! I use Kryolan aquacolor orange and it resist very well if you're not one that splits a lot Smile

Thank you!! I'm sorry to be annoying with questions, but what do you use to apply the paint and seal it? I know a lot of people use makeup setting spray, or just baby powder to seal but I'm not sure which would be best for Kryplan just yet
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bekahsoka wrote:
Ahsoka94 wrote:
bekahsoka wrote:

Thank you!! I'm sorry to be annoying with questions, but what do you use to apply the paint and seal it? I know a lot of people use makeup setting spray, or just baby powder to seal but I'm not sure which would be best for Kryplan just yet

Don't worry I'm here for that! Smile I use a sprayer with water that I put on the color, then I collect it with the kabuki brush and i color my skin with circular movements Ben
Nita Chi ()

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD, THIS IS AMAZING. I saw it when you put on your Instagram story that you had put up a tutorial of how you made it, so I thought I would take a look. I'm so glad you did because of how natural your Ahsoka looks. I will definitely use that information you put up especially when it comes to the boot spats and gauntlets.

rebelbird ahsoka rebelbird
saber 2
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nita Chi wrote:
OH MY GOD, THIS IS AMAZING. I saw it when you put on your Instagram story that you had put up a tutorial of how you made it, so I thought I would take a look. I'm so glad you did because of how natural your Ahsoka looks. I will definitely use that information you put up especially when it comes to the boot spats and gauntlets.

rebelbird ahsoka rebelbird
saber 2

Thank you so much! I'm very happy for this! Very Happy yeah
I always put my wip in my IG story in real time, but after 24 hours there don't exist enymore, so I keep everything and when my costume is finished and approved, I do a tutorial here on the forum that can help all the other future Ahsokas ahsoka
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone are interested I've officially open commission for my headpiece! Smile Here the post on the forum:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1051966#1051966
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: